U.S. farmers say Trump’s US$12-billion China-tariff bailout not enough, may affect their mid-term votes

"The breakdown has stunned corn and wheat farmers who say the payments are uneven and won’t do much of anything to help keep struggling farms afloat.

A lobbying group that represents wheat growers is challenging the way the administration determined payments for wheat farmers, who are set to receive 14 cents a bushel. Chandler Goule, CEO of the National Association of Wheat Growers, said the USDA assumed U.S. wheat would be sold to China this year when it made its calculations. But the assumption was flawed, he said."

Basically, the farmers are fighting over who gets the government cheese.

Increase the cheese!

Welfare Queens.

1 Like

From the article:

“Nobody wants to have an aid package. I mean, if you’re a farmer you’re in the business of producing a crop. We just want a fair price for it,” said Joel Schreurs, a soybean and corn producer near Tyler in southwestern Minnesota who sits on the board of both the American Soybean Association and the Minnesota Soybean Growers Association.

His personal operation is about 1,000 acres. He farms an additional 500 acres with his son-in-law and other relatives. He estimates that the tariffs would cost him US$40,000 to US$50,000 in lost income and that he would get US$16,000 to US$20,000 in emergency aid.

Farmers should get better jobs. Moochers

3 Likes

What better job should a farmer get?

stand in for trump rallies…pays well and he does them often enough

2 Likes

Too much traveling.

They could always move to the city and get a real job.

Something where they dont mooch off the government

Like what a job at Amazon we’re thousands are on food stamps?

They don’t need to be lonely…

2 Likes

I’m not on food stamps. I’ve got a good job. Why cant they get a good job without the government spreading the wealth with my money

@Axxowiz

I’m being sarcastic fyi

2 Likes

Welfare queens… bootstraps… find better jobs… must hate America…

Anything else trump lovers??

If we give $12billion to farmers what happens when we taketh it away

The same ones conservatives tell minimum wage workers to get if they don’t like the low pay they receive.

2 Likes

I’ve had a job since I was 15 years old. How come these “farmers” can’t get by without government subsidies?

Growing corn they can’t even support just to get free hand outs. Sad.

1 Like

more corporate tax cuts will fix this…