U.S. Farm-Export Prices Drop Most Since 2011

It means China was not going to be bullied. Trump is trying to bully countries like they are a contractor desperate for money.

Or maybe China doesn’t fully understand capitalism.

Do we understand capitalism? Because we are doing the exact same thing.

Maybe they don’t. Capitalism is inherently about the short term.

China seems to be thinking in the long term.

The only good thing about these tariffs is that it can help the Democrats take back control of the House this November.

And the US is being forced to pay more for Chinese goods Trump slapped a tariff on.

This is what I keep thinking. It’s hard for me to imagine US farmers (or any workers) sacrificing in the short term for an uncertain benefit in the long term. I guess we’ll find out in November and 2020.

Or they are paying higher prices for domestic supplies because the tariffs have closed the market. Steel makers have raised their prices something like 4 times this year.

You basically have a supply side system without any mechanism for opening the market up to prevent price gouging.

Warren Buffett, or some other adult, could have probably gone to China and worked out a decent deal.

But trade wars are so easy to win.

“When goods do not cross borders, soldiers do.” Bastiat

Tariffs are punishing to all involved.

So…buy American. And if American product isn’t available buy friends of America.

American products are becoming more expensive due to tariffs on many raw materials such as steel and aluminum.

People will buy the product with the highest quality to price ratio.

That’s how capitalism works. You’re less of a capitalist and more of a nationalist.

1 Like

how about buying the best product at the best price. you use to preach that.