U.S. announces restoration of relations with Palestinians

It only took a matter of days.

Terrorist organization. Biden shows his stripes.

Not surprising, of course.

3 Likes

And thus leading to undermining peace agreement that Israel and other Arab nations.

4 Likes

Well, we don’t need anything in our house.

Who needs peace when major donors/supporters make their money from weapons?

One Third of Biden’s Pentagon Transition Team Hails From Organizations Financed by the Weapons Industry

4 Likes

No Democratic voter gets to claim they’re anti-war, or that Biden will “bring stability” to the world. We’re back to encouraging middle east terrorism once again, and it won’t take long for another ISIS-type entity to rise.

6 Likes

Nope. Not surprising at all. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Trump didn’t go out of his way to embolden Hamas.

“The pipeline goes both ways—Trump’s administration already bears evidence of weapons industry ties, featuring both Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a former Raytheon lobbyist, and Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy, once a vice president at Lockheed”

For a two state solution to succeed you need to formally recognize that one of those states exists.

8 Likes

How has that worked out for the last 70 years?

What did Einstein say about dementia?

The Palestinian culture has to change before anything can happen and we can’t do it.

6 Likes

Trump did rebuild OUR military and the weapons industry made money. I know this sounds Trumpsplainin but it was necessary due to the ever growing military threat of China. That isn’t what we’re discussing. This isn’t for “defense”, it’s for “offense” and that’s on opposite ends of the spectrum.

1 Like

How …I know that was of one of his favorite lines. What did he do to rebuild it?

He was forced to rebuild our military after Obama destroyed it.

2 Likes

What did he do to rebuild it? How was it destroyed?

Some pretty nice whoppers in there about the “Depleted military he inherited”

2 Likes

Nothing. It wasn’t.

As your link below referenced, look at the yearly military budgets. Cue someone saying “military spending isn’t everything.”

1 Like

There is no desire for a two state solution in the West Bank. Fatah and Hamas are not buds, the best one could hope for is a three state solution. I personally don’t care about that slither of land the world obsesses over, but I don’t see Gaza uniting with the West Bank.

1 Like

Tell that to the Palestinians.

Every time someone on the right talks about the horrors of cutting the DOD budget I have made the same argument. If we can kick any other countries ass twenty times over, what difference does it make if we cut the budget and can only kick any countries ass eighteen times? So far I have never got back a answer to that question.

1 Like

I think we should cut spending across the board all sacred cows including yes the military. I was on board with the outline and recommendations by the Simpson-Bowls bipartisan committee under Obama.

To cut the national debt they were going to cut spending and increase taxes. Both not just one. That boat sailed.

2 Likes