U.N: China is keeping Muslims is camps

U.N issued a report today suggesting that China has been keeping over one million Uighurs, Muslims in secret camp holding them as political prisoners.

GENEVA – A United Nations human rights panel said Friday it has received many credible reports that 1 million ethnic Uighurs in China are being held in what resembles a “massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy.”

Gay McDougall, a member of the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, cited estimates that 2 million Uighurs and Muslim minorities have been forced into “political camps for indoctrination” in the western Xinjiang autonomous region.

And I would expect this is all the UN will do about this. As usual!

Nothing they can do outside of writing strongly worded letter, UN has no authority to operate within countries without permission from host nation.

it comes down on the member’s to act on their own.

And that’s what’s laughable. Strongly worded letters mean nothing!

That’s a surefire way to foment religious radicalism within your own borders.

Do you actually want a UN that is strong enough to take on China militarily or something? Count me out.

1 Like

You think our country’s so innocent?

I’ve heard many, many stories about what muslims are doing to Christians, Jews and for that matter, other muslims.

But okay. Here goes. Stop it china.

If you’re actually doing it.

Is this the new Nayirah testimony or something?? Gulf of Tonkin?? Curveball??

Who is itching for a shooting war with china??

I want a UN that disappears. Strongly worded letters…security Council…commission on human rights.

It’s all a huge waste. That’s what I want.

Being laughable is the next best thing to not existing.

What should they do?

Nothing …its what the UN is best at. Doing nothing. Ask the million or so murdered in Rwanda!

They’re brought attention to the issue. I’m not sure what’s wrong with that.

The UN should actually be stronger.

Innocent no, but China becoming a military superpower on the world stage is much scarier than the U.S. And you would have to go back to WW2 after America was bombed at Pearl Harbor with the Japanese internment camps to even remotely compare to this.

People tend to forget China is still a communist country that controls speech, assembly, religion and still has a lot of state control on land and industry. To me they are much more terrifying than Russia. I literally cannot find anything in my house that doesn’t say “Made in China”. They have a mammoth economy and control much of the worlds production, while at the same time there military spending is 3x that of Russia.

What’s wrong is that if the UN isn’t part of the solution then it’s part of the problem. I have 8 managers who work under me. I hate when they say to me. I have this or that what should I do about it. Don’t bring me a problem if you don’t have a solution to it…atleast 1

That’s s bizarre management style. So if someone has a problem that they don’t know how to handle you don’t want them to seek help from you? And you’re their boss?

But let’s not anger them with tarrifs. Let’s have free trade with them. Maybe the products we buy will at least keep those prisoners busy and of value to the chinese government. We could never match their prices unless our workers are paid only as much as that prison labor.

The U.N. is powerless and utterly ineffective. It’s an organization that gives tiny countries many of which do not have our interests a voice paid for mostly by us.

The U.S. taxpayers funds around 1/4 of the U.N. I can think of many other places that money could be better spent maybe starting with healthcare. Defunding the UN is one area I completely agree with Trump.