Twitter removes Trump Nickelback clip featuring Bidens after copyright complaint

Nickelback: too cool for Donald Trump.

Since when is sampling fair use? Is that a legal conclusion counselor? :smiley:

Distributing an unauthorized derivative work is also copyright infringement.

Right.

Get back to me when 50% of the population gets prosecuted for doing the same thing.

Till then, don’t care.

Its got nothing to do wity being prosecuted but the copyright holder is perfectly entitled to ask Social media platforms to strike out their work from content creators and it happens constantly on both Twitter and youtube.

YouTube already does that. All the time.

Lol this I could get behind.

Go back and read the beginning of the thread where everyone is blaming trump for the copyright infringement.

That’s what I’m taking issue with.

For that to be the case they need to take issue with everyone else that’s ever reposted something that didn’t have permission from the artist.

It’s the responsibility of the creator to obtain the permission, every person is not obligated to backtrack everything to find out if the creator got permission or not.

Deleting the content is fine if it’s a violation. Blaming a person who knows how many rings down the chain from the creator is just dumb.

Personally, I’d be more concerned with why the head of the Executive branch is spending the majority of his time on the internet instead of doing his job, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

How much of the population is prosecuted for pirating music? Less than 50%.

I now wonder if he’s the one who is making these edited videos and images. They would take more than a few minutes to make, so maybe one else is making ghem for him.

You mean like Russian bot farms?

I would be too, yet here this topic is as some sort of attempt at an outrage magnet.

Outrage magnet? I took it as being comedic pointing out that even Nickelback, with their already not so stellar reputation, doesn’t want to be associated with this trainwreck of an administration.

1 Like

“the majority of his time” funny

I did not know that.

^*

Not really. It’s kind of sad actually. The majority of people on his Twitter feed aren’t following him because they like him either.

How many hours does the President spend a day on Twitter? And how do you know? When you say the majority of his day you mean like 18 hours? You’ve seen this first hand?

How do you the motivation of each of his Twitter followers? You asked each one?

Because I can read. You do realize that you can actually see when posts on Twitter are made, right? Or maybe you can’t. :laughing:

That’s not how this works…thanks for playing