Twitter GAME OVER - Section 230 Communication Decency Act (Free Speech)

Yes & No.

If I begin living there, or pay rent. Then No. The homeowner cannot tell me how to talk. I can swear, curse my butt off. He can’t do anything about it.
I pay rent.
If you live there and pay rent. You have the right to say what you want. Even if the homeowner doesn’t like it. After all It is your domain. You pay rent. Some people do rent from a homeowner who also lives in the same house.
Years back, I rented One side of a house and the homeowner lived there too on the other side. No one has a right to tell me how to talk.

I was respectful though.

Now, if I did not live there I still have a right to use any type of language you want too.

But YES. I will probably be asked to leave.

What if I don’t leave?
Then the homeowner can call the law and have me removed.
They probably won’t do much but ask me why I won’t leave. If I say ok ok I’ll leave.

In other words.

No. The homeowner cannot monitor my speech if I pay rent or live there. Even if I don’t pay rent in some states.

Yes. The homeowner can force me to leave his home if he doesn’t like my speech. But I’m not breaking any law by my speech. I’m breaking a law that would be maybe tresspassing.
I’m on a piece of property that I’ve been asked to leave.

If I don’t leave Then I’ve broken a law. But no law has been broken because of my speech.

I can say whatever I want.

I suggest that you read every single word of a rental agreement before you sign it. Every word…

I agree one should never be in a hurry to sign anything.

Read it. Or you might regret it.

That’s what I live by

Note: it should be said that, no rental agreement has a right to violate my Bill of Rights.

Your landlord is not part of the gov’t. The Bill of Rights don’t apply.

I wasn’t talking about renting.

What do you mean?

No one has a right to violate my constitutional rights. No one. Not a landlord. Not anyone.

Now a landlord can make it hard on me in many clever ways till I get sick of living there.

But no landlord has a right to violate any of my constitutional rights.

He’s also bound to follow them.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood you?

I guess we can ask caset bone spur to declare a state of national ergency to fix it

Your only Constitutional right with regard to free speech is that “Congress shall make no law… abridging the freedom of speech.” Private entities can do whatever they want to abridge your speech.

Amazing that our “constitutional experts” here keep trying this argument on a board that rightfully “censors” all kinds of speech…

That is the best part, and the same people also probably do some censoring of their own (flagging etc…),

The irony boggles the mind.

1 Like

Liberal giants do indeed block conservative statements.
Yahoo News will not allow me to make comments now. They did not reference anything I said as against their rules, they just did it. Basically, I typed there about the way I do here…conservative and Republican.
It does create a false impression of common public opinion when they do that.

I am all for making this known. That is about as far as I will go for now.

The answer if for conservatives not to use these sites. I will not now use Yahoo News on a regular basis. If it costs them money, they may hesitate. There is still Fox News. Liberals complain about it but then we are not welcome at their sites.

I am very hesitant for the government to get involved. They may solve your “free speech” problem here, but they have a potential for creating a bigger free speech problem in the future once they start taking steps here. That’s why I’m for strict construction of the first amendment, whether its control of donations to politics or banning private censorship of liberal sites. Don’t do it.

Liberal giant Yahoo News.

They make news?

1 Like

Titans of News! Lol

The user comments guidelines are available for everyone to read for themselves and learn why someone would be prevented from making comments. Lol

That’s news to me.

1 Like

The first amendment hasn’t been applied to social media sites by federal courts, yet, but I wouldn’t bet it won’t be. Kennedy for example went on record calling them the modern public square not long ago. States like California have asserted citizens have a right to speech on private property like malls a long time ago.

from Supreme Court decision is 'a constitutional coming out party' for social media

In his opinion, Kennedy said “cyberspace,” and social media in particular, are now the most important places for exchanging views. He cited LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook as places for discussing entrepreneurship, petitioning elected officials, and debating religion and politics.

“These websites can provide perhaps the most powerful mechanisms available to a private citizen to make his or her voice heard,” he wrote, referring to social media sites as a “modern public square.”

Huge stretch to believe any court would ever require that websites host (for free no less) content they find offensive.

If some on the right get their way, they will ruin almost the entire internet.

It’s not going to happen despite the desperate attempts to try to claim private forums are some kind of public space…

Is it? California courts have repeatedly forced malls to allow speech they disagree with at their expense, which is quite a bit more expensive then hosting a twitter comment.

What are the expenses relating to allowing people to ask for petition signatures at a mall?