Tulsi Gabbard is coming around to my viewpoint

About the dangers of government agencies and big tech being dangerous to our freedoms and civil liberties then capitol protestors.

Dangers of government justifying surveillance on American people is greatest thread we face…greater then any nation or terrorist organization.

Forum libs right here claimed they agreed with me back on Patriot act and government wiretapping. Now those same libs wanting to expand that into KGB style domestic spying program.

“The mob who stormed the Capitol on January 6 to try to stop Congress from carrying out its constitutional responsibilities were behaving like domestic enemies of our country,” Gabbard said. “But let’s be clear, the John Brennans, Adam Schiffs and the oligarchs in Big Tech who are trying to undermine our constitutionally protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style surveillance are also domestic enemies — and much more powerful, and therefore dangerous, than the mob that stormed the Capitol.”

Hard to believe their was a time couple decades ago that libs claim to care about liberties and freedom…or did they just hide behind those words to gain power and thou authority?

3 Likes

Government is the only threat to our freedoms and civil liberties

Including big tech dilutes the argument against freedom infringement

Not this guy.

Prism Program and Patriot act are abominations. FISA is close.

Again has nothing to do with Big Tech

Need to be listening to what libs with influence are saying.

I have found myself agreeing with her on quiet a few issues as well.

1 Like

It’s just shows how far libs had strayed from their self proclaimed principles. But again I knew for very long time they weren’t liberals.

In other words; not Tulsi Gabbard

1 Like

I think the important wording here is communication technology.

This divestiture was initiated by the filing in 1974 by the United States Department of Justice of an antitrust lawsuit against AT&T.[2] AT&T was, at the time, the sole provider of telephone service throughout most of the United States. Furthermore, most telephonic equipment in the United States was produced by its subsidiary, Western Electric. This vertical integration led AT&T to have almost total control over communication technology in the country, which led to the antitrust case, United States v. AT&T . The plaintiff in the court complaint asked the court to order AT&T to divest ownership of Western Electric.[3]

1 Like

She definitely doesn’t mind to kick the apple cart which I like. At least from someone who hasn’t followed her so much it looks like she has np breaking from the party if and ideal is so outside the pale, like men beating the crap out of women as and eo no less sheesh.

I think this country could do good with less EO’s from either side. It used to be used for naming national parks now its used for broad sweeping changes I don’t think that’s what the founders had in mind.

Libs had a chance to support her but didn’t. She no longer had libs values or her usefulness has expired.

Exactly, which means that she isn’t a lib with influence as you falsely asserted.

1 Like

Should have stopped at lib.

But again my reply was to PG…that he should be listening to libs with influence.

And what does that have to do with Tulsi Gabbard?

Nice attempt at deflection but fact remain…libs that support domestic spying/surveillance is greatest threat to our country civil liberties and freedoms. More so then any foreign government or terrorist groups.

And to think libs claim to care about em.

She is a moderate dem at best.

She has a point on government infringement. She is lost lumping in big tech.

Big tech is a problem when they have monopoly or bought off government…as we are now witnessing.

2 Likes

Which tech “monopoly” are you talking about?

What is it monopolizing?

No, she isn’t. She’s something else. “Moderate” is not the word to describe her.

1 Like

So now we want government to control how companies do business? Let’s cap the company market cap to 500 billion. Anything higher need to be broken up. :joy:

Hilarious to A) pretend business is not already heavily regulated and B) hear liberals run around chanting it’s their business they can do what they want. a lol

She was a darling of the left till the moment she met Trump which then she got the treatment Chris Christie got when he hugged Obama x 100. They even hauled out the puppet of Putin line on her.

She also questioned the pro hawks militarism on Syria which is a big no no to the establishment.

3 Likes