Trumpty Dumpty sat on a wall?

It’s going to be big and beautiful and Mexico is going to pay for it! It’s getting done, mile by mile. Old wall is being replaced and new wall is being built. Illegal immigration is down to historic lows. Mexico is cooperating by putting troops on the border and keeping asylum seekers in Mexico. The rest of the wall is going to be finished…

Finally, a President who is interested in keeping the most important part of his oath to keep America safe.

Why does the left deny these facts, resist and hinder the walls completion and thus endanger America?

Mexico isn’t paying for it.

3 Likes

They’re paying through the nose. Think those troops aren’t costing them a lot? Think reducing illegal immigrants from coming in and sending money back home isn’t costing a lot? Think having to deal with asylum seekers that wanted to stay here isn’t costing them a lot? Think the new trade deals that Trump negotiated isn’t costing them a lot? I’ll bet they wish that all our wall cost them is the cost of the wall.

Why does the left hate it?

2 Likes

How ever you want to rationalize it I guess.

But what is really paying for the wall is redirected funds for military infrastructure because of a State of Emergency that the President claims is happening.

Instead of going to Congress to get the funding… he goes around them… a tactic that the supporters are totally going to not care about when a Democrat does the same exact thing for his/her pet project.

It’s going to be great.

8 Likes

Global warming levels of great. Reducing the military while spending their cash on green thing. Twofer!

1 Like

Imagine shifting funding for the military for climate change pet projects.

So cool that that door is now open.

It’s even been held up by the court.

8 Likes

Because it is a waste of time and money. Trump has convinced his supporters that it will cure all of the problems with illegal immigration and drug and people trafficking. And Trump supporters believe him instead of doing their homework. And then he lies about how much has been built at every one of his rally’s. Does the OP know how many miles of new wall have been constructed where no previous wall existed? It’s 15 miles. Yet Trump will try to convince you that hundreds of miles of new wall have been built.

4 Likes

Trump doesn’t say that, and supporters don’t believe that.

Why do you libs make up so much ■■■■■

6 Likes

A single wire on sticks is not a wall. It’s a boundary marker.

What are you talking about? I never referred to anything like that.

“We have fencing as a tool - but this is by no means meant to keep people in or out.”

A few minutes up the road and the steel fencing stops, only to be replaced by sticks, cattle wire and Normandy-style barriers.

It looks very makeshift, but this style of vehicle fencing stretches out across a large portion of Arizona’s border with Mexico."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/technology-47152051&ved=2ahUKEwiN3vH1w-DsAhVyzTgGHUxGAqIQFjAAegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw2P6oBIOMoqnAu8mP1x0QSN&ampcf=1

“The fact is, since then, many killings,murders, crime, drugs pouring across the border, are money going out and the drugs coming in. And I said we need to build a wall, and it has to be built quickly.”

“We are not talking about isolation. We’re talking about security. We’re not talking about religion. We’re talking about security. Our country is out of control. People are pouring across the southern border. I will build a wall. It will be a great wall. People will not come in unless they come in legally. Drugs will not pour through that wall.”

“Mexico will pay for it [the wall], because they are not doing us any favors. They could stop all of this illegal trade if they wanted to immediately.”

“We recognize and respect the right of either country to build a physical barrier or wall on any of its borders to stop the illegal movement of people, drugs, and weapons.”

Now maybe he didn’t say exactly that it would cure all the problems. But he certainly eluded that the wall would stop all sorts of things happening. Or don’t you agree?

1 Like

But it was originally Trump’s plan to build a wall from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico. Yes, he did back off of that a bit. He did learn that there were some areas along the border where a physical barrier could not be built. And he has warmed up a bit to the fact that our technology barriers do work. But it still remains a talking point because he believes that it fires up his base. And from what I see at his rally’s the last few days, when he mentions the wall it still gets a big cheer from the crowds.

No. He has always said there are some places that don’t need a wall. Be patient. He has four more years with a Republican majority house to complete the wall.

How about the billions saved because “we” now don’t have to pay for their healthcare plus all of the other government subsidies when they illegally cross? Just that alone…pays for the wall. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well stated.

Now tell that to our border security that insists…a border wall allows them more time to react to attempted illegal crossings and is a very important part of their ability to protect our southern border. Why would you be against these professionals?

It might also be a good idea to have a barrier should a more deadly pandemic strike.

1 Like

That is Mexico paying for it? The contortions you guys go through are legendary. :grinning:

5 Likes

I’m sorry that you do not understand the full gamut of what an expense is.