Trumps wall might be blocked by a tiny church and a law the right loves

Nope. We dont live under fascist rule yet.

There is no law that states you need to obey the President.

The only ones in the government who are obligated to obey him are the military. He does not get whatever he wants just because he is President. You are either a new troll or perhaps you simply do not remember your civics lessons. Either way, he is not going to be allowed to miss spend my tax money on a campaign promise that is based on a lie and won’t solve the real problems with our border.

Oh good grief. He was elected by winning the EC. The majority of voters cast their vote for Clinton.
And what you propose is what happens in a dictatorship. This is the USA where we the people do not have to follow anyone for any reason. Now I am really thinking you are just a troll.

Some things have “made up non issue” written all over them.

Yeah, religion only matters when signing marriage certificates or baking cakes, but protecting your church from getting bulldozed is “made up”.

2 Likes

Show me the bulldozer, then we can talk seriously.

How exactly do you think walls get built?

Not through churches. Some accommodation would be made. And 99.99% there is no plan written anywhere to run a fence or wall or whatever through that church.
Made up non issue.

No she didn’t. She got 48%, he got 46% (both rounded)

Meant to say “more” rather then “majority”. Guess I better start drinking earlier.

Either a wall is built there or it is not, and it is one of thousands of examples of incoming eminent domain. Stop deflecting.

1 Like

This is a Poe account…right?

Thread is a deflection. Are you opposed to eminent domain to build highways? What if an old historic church is in the way of the highway?
Most likely, they would just go around. No problem.

And the religious right may very well cheer it on lol

It would have to go though the property on which the church is built, which means the government would need to take the church by force and remove it.

how do you “go around” a border its a line

Seriously? You don’t think this could be handled, if it really were an issue? First, show me the plans for running the wall through the church. Have eminent domain actions been brought against the church?

This is a made up problem and people are actually making an issue about it.

did you read the article? the church is currently in a legal battle with the government over their land.

And yet no application for eminent domain has been made. They are just trying to create an issue…which certain media are glad to help with.