Trump's Secretary of Labor Broke the Law to Aid a Pedophile

By your logic, the only people for whom the deaths in Benghazi were bad news were the family members of the victims. I seem to recall many people who were not affected personally who took this to be a big deal. Now you tell me. Did they react this way because they want officials in their government to act differently or because they seized on Benghazi as a cynical way to score points?

The same issue has come up here. I opened this thread to express my unhappiness at our government not taking pedophilia seriously and because this exemplifies how our criminal justice system does not treat all people equally. Certainly, the accusation was raised that this matter was only brought up as a cynical ploy to bash Donald Trump.

You may have a point, that if we can restrict “bad” news to those things that affect us personally, many of the “political” threads around here would go away. If you meant your point seriously, please post that discussion of the incident in Benghazi over the past season has been inappropriate except when carried out by people affected personally.

Or you could read John Donne on the matter of for whom the bell tolls.

1 Like

Might want to tamp that enthusiasm down a little. He donated specifically to Democrats.

Is that why you were name calling?

Wow. That’s just as gaslighty as it was when your friends posted it.

I see that’s the new fallback when backed into a corner without a valid reponse

1 Like

Except its not a valid response.

It’s just a long winded way of imitating ana kasperian.

Correct, your non-answer when confronted about your hypocritical views on when someone should and shouldn’t be concerned about a crime was not a valid response.

This thread isn’t about the crime that y’all keep accusing me of not caring about though.

Bye ana. Tell Cenk you blew another one.

I see you replying H. Just so you know, I’m not responding to another “I care more than you” post.

Who cares? Best line in your link: The Herald’s look into the plea negotiations revealed an unusual level of collaboration between federal prosecutors, led by Acosta, and Epstein’s legal team of political powerhouses — Alan Dershowitz, Kenneth Starr, Jay Lefkowitz, Roy Black, and Jack Goldberger.

We have all gotten caught up in all the deflections and noise. Let’s get back to first principals.

Our current Secretary of Labor cut a sweetheart deal to let a pedophile who had tight connections to both political parties, receive a slap on the wrist and to accomplish this that Secretary of Labor had to violate the law.

There was an effort to blame this on Robert Mueller based on the misunderstanding that the DoJ reports to the FBI.

There was an effort to blame this on Barack Obama based on the misunderstanding that Barack Obama was not President in 2007.

There has been an effort to suggest that bringing this up is inappropriate because it is being discussed by people who have not been personally affected. That seems contradicted by the entire history fo the Hannity discussion section since very few discussions touch on matters in which we are personally involved.

So where are we: 1. Acosta is still Secretary of Labor and in that position has responsibility for human trafficking. I would suggest he is the wrong man for the job.
2. With yet another cabinet member enmeshed in scandal and possible wrong-doing, Donald Trump remains silent on the matter. He has so much to say on so many topics… why not this.

Is there really any issue other than that anyone who cares about law should be demanding that the person responsible for human trafficking in our government not be a pedophile? I’d like people to take a stand on that

6 Likes

Epstein’s deal, called a “non-prosecution agreement,” **granted immunity to “any potential co-conspirators,” meaning that if any of Epstein’s powerful friends were involved in his crimes, they would face no consequences. And Acosta agreed that the deal would be kept secret from the victims, preventing them from showing up in court to try to challenge it.****Jeffrey Epstein, explained - Vox

What??? How is that possible???

1 Like

Fat donald just wants his parade, that’s all he cares about. Law and order be damned.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1099651121088466946?s=21

He has to stop Barron from writing his tweets

I may be unclear on how the law works, but I’m pretty sure prosecutors and defense attorneys are supposed to have opposing roles.

1 Like

Agreed. And the cackling?

You should really listen to the interview and figure it out yourself.

It’s not like anyone is going to make you believe anything else anyway. Not sure why you’re even asking.

Was this charge arrived at before or after Acosta was selected by Trump? It seems that Trump is expected to be able to foresee the future now. And his failure to do so is going to be an impeachable crime. LOL

The deal was made in 2007.

A parade and fireworks on July 4th in DC. It’s such a unique idea.