Trump's response to the Irainian attack. Agree?

I’m not giving him credit for sidestepping a mess he caused.

I am however glad that for the moment he isn’t making things worse.

I’m happy things aren’t escalating.

I’m not happy our president lies.

Honestly, I’ve been on a media blackout till this morning - what are you talking about?

Given that they didn’t actually hit our positions …

Not doubling down on his mistake was the correct choice.

It turns out that the only thing he caused was the death of a terror king pin. Do you think we should have waited until after Sole-man’s next mass murder to kill him? Or just not kill him at all? Maybe you think he was retiring from killing Americans? Trump has played this as skillfully as it could possibly be played. Pretty slick.

Iraq is kicking us out and is getting gripped tighter by Iran. Tensions with Iran have increased tenfold. Iran is completely abandoning any pretense of not getting nukes.

And we got what exactly? One guy dead who was immediately replaced and is now a rallying figure? Yeah, we sure came out ahead in this.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Agreed. I give Trump credit for not escalating. But he created this mess and was lucky it didn’t lead to total war. We still lost influence in Iraq, are being kicked out and have ceded control of the region to Iran. This is not a win.

Eh, he was not the head of the snake.

More likely, he was the head of the Hydra.

Trump wanted a way out too.

They know offing Suleimani was them upping the escalation to a whole nuther level.

But let yourselves believe the mullahs are scaredy scaredy and will now do whatever Trump wants.

I agree. It is great to make known what your intentions could be. But from what I gather there were know real casualties, so why escalate. It’s like the shot down drone. why escalate into a potential shooting war over an unmanned piece of equipment. If the president came to this conclusion on his own…GREAT JOB Mr. PRESIDENT. If it was cabinet or joint chiefs or close aids who helped him come to this conclusion then GREAT FOR THEM. Resignations will be accepted on Friday (Sarcasm). I hope it doesn’t work out that way.

It is ok to avoid escalation. We titted…they tatted leave it at that.

1 Like

Soleimani was respected in Iran, but he was no Bin Laden, whose death was of both symbolic and strategic value.

The guy who replaced Suleimani, while not as charismatic, was his right hand man and did a lot of the strategy and logistics planning.

He’ll step right in no problem.

He was more so the poison in the fangs of the head of the snake.

Yeah, he made the right call.

The next right call would be to have Pompeo click his heels three times and say there’s no place like home.

Agreed.

There is no sign of either one of those things actually happening.

I fully support Trump’s approach today. It’s the right approach.

Sure. And if he attacks U.S. interests we’ll kill him too. No problem.

1 Like