Trump's home raided by FBI agents (Part 1)

Quote where it says the archivist has the power to classify documents in the varying classification categories.

reports are that the suspect is in custody, his name is Ricky Shiffer and he was also part of the January 6 riot.

1 Like

Lock him up and lose the key.

See how easy that is?

1 Like

So amusing.

I am being infairly raided! The FBI and DOJ are a weaponized arm of the Democratic Party!!

-Ok can you show us what was in the subpoena and the warrant?

-……I am the biggest victim of all time! Never has one man bla bla bla…

1 Like

A real test for Cleek’s law:

1 Like

Great. Maybe Trump can stop riling up folks like that?

The EO itself does not say the archivist has this authority. They, like anyone else not listed, must be delegated that authority by someone else who does have that authority. Don’t let them bluff you into thinking they automatically have that authority.

So are politicians responsible for what their followers do?

Might want to think on that a bit longer.

1 Like

If they use certain language- yes.

“ Trump’s counsel has until 3 p.m. ET Friday to accept the DOJ’s request for the warrant to be publicized.”

Ok Trump - in or out?

1 Like

You typically state you don’t play fetch but I won’t be like you are.

Pg 306-7

“c) Classified records accessioned into the National Archives shall be de- classified or downgraded by the Archivist in accordance with this order,Executive Orders EO 13526 the directives issued pursuant to this order, agency declassification guides, and any existing procedural agreement between the Archivist and the rel- evant agency head.
(d) The originating agency shall take all reasonable steps to declassify classified information contained in records determined to have permanent historical value before they are accessioned into the National Archives. However, the Archivist may require that classified records be accessioned into the National Archives when necessary to comply with the provisions of the Federal Records Act. This provision does not apply to records trans- ferred to the Archivist pursuant to section 2203 of title 44, United States Code, or records for which the National Archives serves as the custodian of the records of an agency or organization that has gone out of existence.“

Pg 311

“(b) Information originated by the incumbent President or the incumbent Vice President; the incumbent President’s White House Staff or the incum- bent Vice President’s Staff; committees, commissions, or boards appointed by the incumbent President; or other entities within the Executive Office of the President that solely advise and assist the incumbent President is ex- empted from the provisions of paragraph (a) of this section. However, the Archivist shall have the authority to review, downgrade, and declassify pa- pers or records of former Presidents and Vice Presidents under the control of the Archivist pursuant to 44 U.S.C. 2107, 2111, 2111 note, or 2203. Re- view procedures developed by the Archivist shall provide for consultation with agencies having primary subject matter interest and shall be consistent with the provisions of applicable laws or lawful agreements that pertain to the respective Presidential papers or records. Agencies with primary sub- ject matter interest shall be notified promptly of the Archivist’s decision. Any final decision by the Archivist may be appealed by the requester or an agency to the Panel. The information shall remain classified pending a prompt decision on the appeal.
(c) Agencies conducting a mandatory review for declassification shall de- classify information that no longer meets the standards for classification under this order. They shall release this information unless withholding is otherwise authorized and warranted under applicable law.“

Conservatives- any thoughts on why Trump is holding out on showing the warrant?

Trump does that enough for everyone. :grin:

Probably because he’s full of crap and all bluster.

I honestly don’t like him or want him to run again. Every time he opened his mouth I felt dumber. But everything he signed into law I agreed with.

Well thank you for a refreshing dose of honesty minus the gaslighting. Like fresh air in a stuffy room.

It made it a very difficult 4 years.

1 Like

So wait…the DOJ started with a…SUBPOENA?

A few months ago?

Hmmm….there were a lot of posts on this thread that complained that’s how it should have been handled.

Looks like that’s what happened.

Imagine that!

5 Likes

IMHO Trump will contest the release. Then he can claim to be the victim and ask for more money.

1 Like

I am going to revel in the Trumpslanation we will see from his supporters if he does that.

Sure…I think I can indoctrinate few kids.

1 Like