Trump's billion-dollar "Death Star"

That summarizes the media’s and the Democratic Party’s disinformation campaign waged against Trump for four years now.

1 Like

Look at the positive. There is one conspiracy that he isn’t prepared to accept.

Nah, the Trump/Putin cabal is probably behind it all.

Or maybe we could toss out the wild idea that…

…there were NO conspiracies.

Amazing how you never even considered that possibility.

Amazing that you did not understand that that is exactly what I did say…that Comey made the decision on his own so that there is nothing further to discuss about the (non) “point that the Trump investigaton wasn’t publicly announced while the Hillary investigation was”.
Those are two unrelated events.

1 Like

So you said there were no conspiracies…period?

Good for you!

There are no conspiracies ever? Of course there are. Just that Comey releasing the reopening of the Hillary case and no public announcement of the Trump campaign investigations were not one of those conspiracies.

Is there anything to the bolded that is not true? Does Donald lie constantly? Has he promoted conspiracy theories? Has he manipulated government for his personal gain? If so, is that not rife with potential to wreak havoc when a sitting POTUS does that?

Both sides are partisan. Both sides engage in this sort of misinformation. But the thread is about Donald’s activities. Donald’s campaign tactics. Donald’s people. The article speaks to Democrats who advocate fighting fire with fire, engaging in their own misinformation campaigns to counter Trump’s because hey, how else can they defeat him. I presume you aren’t pleased with that, anymore than I am. If you find it intolerable when Democrats do it, why shrug it off when Trump does it?

Is this the sort of governance we want, from either party?

1 Like

Have the Democrats not done the same thing with their Russian Hoax conspiracy theory? Did not the administration before this one not begin the campaign collusion investigations based on “credible allegations”? Was Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler not manipulating the levers of government for their parties own gain?
Yes, the thread is about Donald’s activities. And since the Atlantic is an anti Trump magazine that is why I would say there would be more credibility in this article as an issue piece instead of a hit piece if they had concentrated on their own people.
The Democrats are engaging in their own campaigns to counter Trump?!? The Democrats started this sort of manipulation in 2012, and it was certainly a misinformation campaign then. Its not like this was some invention of Trump. Its just that the media noticed it when Trump did it. In 2012 it was just cool that Obama was getting into the information age.

Refer to the previous post where I already acknowledged that both sides do it.

You did not respond to my first comment - did the Atlantic article say anything about Donald that was untrue?

Is your position merely “Whatabout/so what?”

Yeah, whatabout is pretty significant in “do campaigns lie”? What I am saying, is making this all about Trump, and then throwing in a “but Democrats too” creates a false impression. It is as much propaganda as the campaigns themselves are.
If the Atlantic thinks the Trump campaign doesn’t tell the truth on something (it was more of a general accusation than saying what he lied about) then they, as representatives of the DNC, are certainly free to point it out.

I’m baffled by this line of thinking. Some serious revisionism.

Trump fired Comey “because of this Russia thing.”. Sessions (Trump appointee) recused himself. Rosenstein (Trump appointee) initiates hiring a special counsel (Mueller) to investigate if there was malfeasance. Mueller found numerous examples of Trump obstruction and said he could not exonerate him.

Where are the democrats in creating a hoax? Were Rosenstein and Sessions in on the hoax?

Russian hoax sounds great as a sound bite but pretty ridiculous when you examine it.

LOL what the ■■■■ has democrats been doing all these years. Republicans/Trump is finally learn how to play there game.

And Salon? Were the left goes for disinformation. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Says the indoctrinated one…

Can you name some examples? Refer to my post just above though if you say the words “Russia Hoax”.

Ah…nothing.

As I said, when you try to string together all the sound bites Trump, his supporters and the CEC threw out there all during this, you discover a completely incoherent narrative.

But no one who supports Trump would take the time to do that. They simply believe…no matter what.

This is how gaslighting works.

Throw so much ■■■■ out there as to exhaust and confuse, and continue to cause one to doubt there’s objective truth.

Once you’ve got someone there…you can fill their heads with anything.

1 Like

It started with Brennan and Clapper, Rice and Yates. With a fake dossier paid for by the DNC. Strzok and McCabe were in charge of the FBI end. Sure this was anti Trumpers like Comey, not just Democrats. As far as Sessions goes, he was never anti Trump…he just had other interests so he recused himself…worst choice of any of Trump appointments.
Congress was sitting on the side making it clear that no way was Trump going to get rid of Mueller. When the impeachment wasn’t possible because Mueller didn’t find enough, Democrats were ready to start the third investigation (FBI, Mueller, Congress).
But the problem is there was nothing there. There was a stinking fake dossier paid for by the DNC.

When will Dems go dirty? You mean like with an impeachment created out of policy differences?

So again…Sessions recused himself (Trump appointee), Rosenstein (Trump appointee) appointed Mueller to look for malfeasance after Trump fired Comey for “that Russia thing”.

That’s it. Pretty simple. No democrats involved. No conspiracy (unless you think Rosenstein is a secret Lefty Plant).

Conspiracies?

Benghazi
Birtherism
pizzagate
Crowdstrike
QAnon nonsense

So…no,…that wasn’t it. See post above.