Trump will fight impeachment in Supreme Court

Or free tuition at Trump University.

It appears they prefer it that way.

Impeachment is unreviewable by the Court.

See Nixon v. United States

No, it’s not that Nixon.

2 Likes

Of course its not. Imagine it that wasnt the case. He would be a defacto dictator.

Unable to be removed from office regardless of what they did. Not a good look.

At the Constitutional Convention, Alexander Hamilton proposed a president who served for life and could not be impeached.
Benjamin Franklin observed that “the only way to get rid of your president would be assassination”.
Hamilton agreed and changed his mind.

1 Like

Rehnquist didn’t recuse him self in the Nixon v. United States case.

And if that happens Donald will shriek that the election was rigged and BILLIONS of illegals voted.

And his devotees will nod their heads mournfully in agreement, and bemoan the death of 'Murica.

Hmmm…when I go to the actual article it talks about fighting subpoenas, not impeachment.
Obama fought subpoenas every inch of the way. That’s a bad thing to do now?
Let the courts decide.

You must have missed this tweet…

1 Like

The article linked in the OP has changed. It is dated today Apr. 24 and talks about Trump fighting subpoenas.

Here is a TIME article that talks about his impeachment Tweet.

Ok. Then I agree that isn’t a very good tactic, especially when, without a lot more than is known now, it would be dead in the Senate and properly so.

To which tactic are you referring?

Unless the Dems of course ■■■■ it up and nominate somebody Middle America doesn’t want to vote for.

Check the post to which I was responding and the basis of this thread.

Interesting fact, i didnt not know that. Thanks for sharing :blush:

Saying he would fight impeachment at the Supreme Court is not a “tactic”, it’s fundamental ignorance of the impeachment powers.

6 Likes

Stupid autocorrect. Oh, well, I’m leaving it!

I imagine if and i dont think they would but if the dems did proceed with impeachment hearings, i think Trump deapite being told by his counsil and everyone else that he would listen to would actually try to file a case to stop it.

Wonder if the federal court would fast track it on the docket just to summarily dismiss it.

I understand. I do the same thing with the auto correct.
I’ll delete my post.

Well one could say even with that misspelling it still is somewhat accurate, at least it was then, we just didnt know it until it happened.