Trump Will Declare a National Emergency

i hate to keep saying this but we should all be soaking in what our government would be like if it was run by Republican Media. this is really educational.

He stopped maturing at 9 years old.

This thread had dropped way down on the day that Donald Trump declared a national emergency. I just wanted to bump it back to the top.

Itā€™s obviously constitutional though, right? I mean, if it wasnā€™t, Iā€™m sure many of our conservative, Republican, and Strict Constitutionalists would be here to tell us about.

When a Democratic President declares a National Emergency on Gun Violence to get strict gun control laws enacted into law or climate control to be the Green New Deal that would get rid of cars, air-conditioning, and air travel, you can thank King Trump for that.

Were you this up in arms when obama did an end run around congress by enacting DACA by EO. In my book this one act by obama set into motion trumps action today. And that was if you canā€™t get congress to do what you want find some way to do it without them. And the democrats in the house and senate cheered him on. Remember obama in his state of the Union address informed congress that if they didnā€™t give him what he wanted he had a phone and a pen and would do what he wanted without them.

Did Obamaā€™s EO reallocate money previously designated by Cobgress for other purposes?

Iā€™m loving this watering down of what a National Emergency means. The bar has now been lowered by the precedent Trump has just set.

1 Like

Trying to take the power of the purse away from Congress should definitely make him more and better friendships in the legislative branch.

2 Likes

You can defend the wrong doings of your guy all you want seems to be what the political game is now. But Iā€™ll say this what obama did was wrong. He couldnā€™t get what he wanted so he went around congress and did what he wanted anyway. It does not matter if any money was spent or not. What matters is who has the authority to enact laws on immigration and Obama did not have the power. All he could do is sign or veto legislation after congress passed and sent the bill to his desk.
And this set the stage for what Trump did today.
I think what both have done is against the constitution and should be slapped down by the courts. But look at DACA. The SC punted it back to the lower courts. And the SC split 4 to 4 right down party lines. If the left leaning judges would have followed the constitution it should have been struck down 8 to 0.
I believe that Trump will lose when this get to the SC because just like obama he is giving himself more power than he has. And as a conservative both acts are not legal.

Obama wasnā€™t ā€œmy guyā€ I never voted for the man. I voted Libertarian in 2008 and 2012.

1 Like

The irony is delicious,

And again, they canā€™t be either legally or constitutionally without same.

Well updateā€¦

https://twitter.com/SenatePress/status/1176902715387142146?s=19

1 Like

Rats starting to jump ship.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it will be a problem for the issue to pass the House.
The Senate did the right thing.
A lot of that military money was going to benefit kids.

Heā€™s already got the money and is spending it.

Doesnā€™t change anything. Vote is virtually unchanged since February. More people abstained from voting this time around. Trump will veto it. It only shows that it remains unpopular, just not quite unpopular enough to override a veto. It seems as if the military is taking it upon itself to at least partially defund the wall anyway.

No, it simply shows they are hedging their bets going into the campaign season.