Trump Will Declare a National Emergency

This is one of the main reasons why I absolutely hate executive authority. One day, we would get a goofball in the White House, who uses his/her emergency authority in order to benefit his friends and fulfill a murky campaign promise.

If the Dems in the future, use it for climate change or global warming, I would be opposed to it as well.

Just remember kids, about a year ago, Trump tweeted that illegal border crossing are at a 45 year low. Yes, the number has ticked up a slight degree, but it’s still at historic low numbers. How is it that a historic low in illegal border crossing constitutes as a “national crisis”. Sounds to me like Donnie T is upset he didn’t get exactly what he wanted, and now using his executive powers to get things done.

I sympathy with the need to build more walls and improve the border security technology, but Trump seems to always deal with issues in an unprofessional manner.

3 Likes

This is all fined and dandy to debate the politics of this nonsense, but at the end of the day all we have done in ALL of this is replace the name and changed the “D” to an “R”, then go ahead and do the same damn things. A lot of you 45 supporters are a bunch of hypocrites. I will say it again if president Obama would have done this as it relates to guns or the environment or whatever…people on this board, Fox News, Limbaugh, Ingraham, Levin, the one who would not be name, and all 45’s supporters would have lost their damn minds. You all better listen to what Mike Steele said yesterday, the republican party will rue the day.

Politics in this country is such bullcrap it’s freakin unbelievable. Sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity along with hypocrisy is the order of the day.

1 Like

National Review is still on point, even when their guy is in the White House.

Trump’s constant use of executive authority sets a bad precedent. Who ever becomes 46, will need to issue an apology for 45’s actions.

1 Like

man, i’ll be glad when voters kick this drama queen out of the white house and we can all get back to having a dependable adult running the country.

i’ll even start swing trading again.

1 Like

Man are you going to be howling once a Democratic president declares a national emergency and diverts funds for gun grabbing.

Allan

I am puzzled by the D and supporters refusal to acknowledge the problem at the southern border. Detaining 400,000 people a year and being flooded with narcotics that lead to 130 deaths per day is a considerable problem.

Is it a National Emergency? I think it is reasonable to say so.

If you do NOT think this is an emergency, then how do we make inroads on the problem with the legislation being considered?

President Trump has cornered his opponents into a precarious position. By refusing to see the magnitude of the border crisis they are refusing to see the overdose crisis and the exploitation of millions of vulnerable people.

The issue does not go away today and it should not until we reduce the referenced stats by an order of magnitude.

:children_crossing:

If there was an amendment that supported unlimited entry to the US and legalized heroin then you would have a somewhat reasonable comparison…If Congress could not agree to fund gun grabbing and spit on the 2nd.

Because the list of quality people advising him grows thin.

When you have talk media people as your go-to advisers…you’re going to look sloppy.

3 Likes

Exactly this. The brain drain in this administration is real and gets worse with every passing week.

1 Like

[quote=“Camp, post:270, topic:142281, full:true”]
I
President Trump has cornered his opponents into a precarious position. By refusing to see the magnitude of the border crisis they are refusing to see the overdose crisis and the exploitation of millions of vulnerable people.

President Trump has his opponents “cornered”? Really?

What the Republicans who just passed a budget that does not fund Trump’s wall see is a public that do not support the wall, did not support Trump’s shutdown and do not support a declaration of a national emergency.

The cliche that those who do not support the wall therefore support open borders is false. What we disagree on is whether an unlimited budget for a wall will achieve the goals we agree on – such as reducing drug deaths. Given the patterns of how narcotics enter the US, any wall project will not be effective. Saying that does not mean I don’t care about drug overdoses; it just means I don’t believe that it will stop drug traffic in any meaningful way.

As long as businessmen like Donald Trump can profit from using undocumented workers and face only nominal fines when they are caught this problem of illegal immigration will persist. I wonder why President Donald Trump is making no effort to curb crimes committed by businessmen like Donald Trump?

Can you think of any reason why President Trump would ignore such corrupt businessmen?

Nobody is refusing to acknowledge the problem. Democrats offered billions for additional border security.

If only people realized and would admit the bulk of heroin is coming into the country via means a wall will not close off, instead of conflating the drug problem with an untenable solution…hmmm…

1 Like

If the compromise lacked the onerous spending restrictions I would be satisfied with it.

To me this is about supporting the border patrol, not President Trump…

This misses the mark. Trump follows the rules and is willing to deal on a legal worker program expansion.

Not unlimited budget…Unrestricted use so the border agency can block key crossing corridors.

The more barriers that funnel contraband to points where it can be detected, the better.

Force the gangs to build more of those lousy homemade subs and dirigibles…Much easier to find.

Tunnels are getting easier to find and IR technology is getting better. We need barriers to steer the contraband to the right spots.

Should also have added more personnel. Freezing levels is not improving.

The drugs are by and large coming in in containers of legitimate shipments of goods at ports of entry.

And increasingly they’re coming in via mail order!

So your proposal to cut this off entails spending billions of dollars (a cost that likely skyrockets once the realization dawns that the only places left to build walls pose geographical, logistical, and legal nightmares) to build barriers where a miniscule portion of the drug traffic flows.

That’s just dumb.

None of.this is true…

[quote=“Camp, post:278, topic:142281, full:true”]
This misses the mark. Trump follows the rules and is willing to deal on a legal worker program expansion.

ttps://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2019/02/14/victorina-morales-donald-trump-golf-course-immigrant-column/2837895002/

This op-ed from an undocumented Guatemalan woman who worked at Trump National and directly for both Donald and Ivanka. She told the officials at Trump National she did not have legal papers and they told her that her fake papers were fine.

So much for claims that Trump follows the rules. What will President Trump do about such rampant flouting of our laws?

The drugs are coming in by every route possible.

Every foot of defense will be a plus.

Imagine the success that the border agents will have if the 50% that does not flow through ports of entry is now forced to try and make it that way.

It isn’t 50% that doesn’t flow through ports and via mail order.

Stop watching so much TV and movies.

It’s more like 10%…20% tops.

Taking an expensive 20/80 approach to the problem is just dumb.

Anyone with any kind of business sense and not blinded by ideology knows this.

1 Like