Trump weighing 25% import car tarriff

Agreed, the only American cars I buy are Mustang GTs for the weekend and Hondas for daily drivers. Hondas can survive a nuclear apocalypse.

Are those gold plated iphone covers? Lol!

It would save you money over time, unless you have to do things like haul hay bales and tow cattle trailers, then it would just break. lol

NO! They’re cheap.

that’s what good friend’s trucks are for (since i rarely have to haul anything anymore).

so i get to pocket the $$$.

Nah, I have the tools I need so I don’t have to depends on my friends to get things done. lol

I’m glad you’re saving money though. Fiscal conservation is important for everyone, regardless of wealth.

Majority of people simply need to transport themselves from home to work.

Probably. At least the majority of people where you live.

in Rural Canada?

nor do i except a few times a year.

one of my best friends is an old Army Ranger. he borrows stuff from me when he needs it, i do the same. i guess i’ll be $50k in the black over time (and, to be fair, other people will save even more than us).

That’s a good goal you have. Hope it brings you great things for you and yours.

I guess I read that wrong. I thought you were saying you were gonna have 50k in the bank someday. lol My hat’s off to you if you ever get that far ahead though!

I bought a Bowling Green, Kentucky made Corvette a few years ago. It’s never been back for any warranty work so far during the 3 years I’ve owned it. Not only does it out perform any car in the world on a dollar to dollar basis, my best MPG over a 50 mile period is 38.9.

My other vehicle is a 1998 Chevrolet Suburban. It’s got over 170,000 miles on it and I take it way, way back into the middle of nowhere with friends, gear and hunting dogs. There is no other vehicle in the world that can provide the room, the traction, towing capacity at such an affordable price.

Apple pie and Chevrolet. :sunglasses::us:

i remember all the cons proclaiming the would NEVER buy another GM vehicle

yep. they went off on the deal. i so wish we could bump old threads where people say the opposite of what they previously said. maybe this board will have more history (and when a Dem is president we can pull up all the threads about the stuff Trump does now).

Then enjoy paying more! :rofl:

I have a Buick Lesabre with nearly 200,000 miles on it that still runs like a top. Almost totally trouble free all these years and great mileage too. 30 mpg on the highway.

Wife asks me occasionally when I’m going to get rid of it and i tell her never as long as it runs great. :grin:

Patriotic American actually plus there are some fine American made cars out there.

There are some good american cars. We build awesome muscle cars, good sports cars, and the best full size trucks.

The problem for me personally is that the D3 build the absolute worst compact sporty sedans and coupes and small trucks. That is where the Japanese have always dominated the Americans; they build far superior small cars and trucks. I prefer compact sporty vehicles that also have good fuel economy and are practical but also affordable but are capable performers in the corners. Mississippi is full of nice curvy backroads to have some fun on.

The Civic Si was literally the only option I had in my price range; 25,000 dollars. The Focus ST was the only american car that even came close and I would have sacrificed road comfort and fuel economy over the Civic with less usable power and less reliability.

The 3.8 Series II was one of the best engines GM ever made. Good solid engine. Only real problem they have is that they are sort of known for blowing intakes but that’s pretty common on all engines from that vintage.