Trump v Democrats

some, but turnout is heavier than would be sans a presidential contest. certainly understandable on the dem side.

Lol you mean the dead people who came out and voted for hillary? :joy:

Weā€™rrre gonna winnnnnnnn!

All I know is Trump, please keep attacking Bloomberg. Dude is going to dump hundreds of millions more into Biden and down races because of you :+1::joy:

Ok letā€™s use your argument here at trumps numbers.
What if thatā€™s all he gets?

Of course we are talking mostly red states here so it really doesnt matter.

Rust belt and key swing states are more important with numbers.

So does it matter who voted for trump right now? No.

A talking cat?

1 Like

The reality of north Carolina is that it slightly leans red by about a 52% to 48% margin. So the numbers should be in trumps favor come election.

Which everyone knowsā€¦so this primary vote number is meaningless. Could biden flip it? Possibly but unlikely. North Carolina isnt Arizona or nevadaā€¦plus itā€™s more gerrymandered, which doesnt totally count in a general election since its about numbers.

If you are gonna talk about the issue its wise to have like 5 key stats about it.

Trump won by a couple hundred thousand which falls into my opinion that NC is 52% 48% leaning red.

The odds of Biden winning are not in his favor currently in that stateā€¦but he could do itā€¦in theory

Republican voters on average are older than Democratic voters, so itā€™s not surprising that they would perform better in certain state primaries. Many younger voters sit out of the primaries but vote in the general.

When all the libs were parroting Killaryā€™s inevitable win, those in the know could clearly see her popularity compared to Trumpā€™s, across all platforms of social media.

Same deal for Bernie and the Kid Sniffer. They arenā€™t nearly as popular as these desperate leftists wish they could be.

2 Likes

If party registration is what itā€™s all about gop is in trouble. First time in a long time there are more independents then gopers.

I agree. Both parties suck and so do the candidates theyā€™ve proposed for decades. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve written in the name of Donald Duck and voted that way the majority of the Presidential elections.

I googled Killary; didnā€™t find any results for Killary.

are IA, NV and NH red states?

in all three GOP turnout for an incumbent Prez was way up over what it had been for Obama in 2012 and Dem turnout in a contested primary was no better than 2016.

IA is red
NV is blue
NH is a swing state

IA is not red. Itā€™s purple.

You are correct.
Most recent polls in theoretical Biden vs Trump has Trump +2 (taken in Jan 2020) from 538. To be taken with a grain of salt, obviously.

It certainly couldnā€™t be that in many solidly Democratic or Republican states, the primaries are for all intents and purposes the general election for municipal, county and/or statewide offices. Geez Louise.

and yet to my knowledge it hasnā€™t been that way before. Primaries have forever been the denizen of the base. Core Republicans and Democrats. Both parties have opened primaries in an attempt to bring in more voters, but that is mostly in the states where the party is not dominant, the result has not been any huge numbers showing up for uncontested primaries. further, the numbers have been more pronounce in states that are more purplish.

Well go forth and find out then. Because itā€™s true.

Then youā€™ll know. And knowing is half the battle.