Trump:US steel is opening 6 new plants :another lie for the sheep to soak up

Vote for me, and I’ll tell you that US Steel is opening 14 new plants. That’s bigly more than that Trump loser promised you.

1 Like

There better not be any conservatives in here defending Trump on this yuge lie.

Cry moar, libs! Hyuk hyuk

(the default response of any good Trumpist)

We need to keep asking how those plants are coming along…like the wall.

1 Like

Rxpx claimed she had earth shattering proof that all the libs here are paid trolls coming any minute…a few weeks ago.

RP, as one of the leading thinkers on this site, could you please help a fellow forum-er out?

I mean, I looked on the US Steel website for any announcement since Trump’s election that they’re building 7 plants and couldn’t find any press release indicating anything like that, other than they’re restarting the Granite City Works plant (March 7, and the second furnace on June 5).

Their full-year 2018 guidance, from March, said nothing about such an expense. While they did raise over $600M in bond sales (March 13), the cash was used to buy back some other bonds (March 20), not build new plants.

In their most recent quarterly financials - just a couple of days ago, in fact - they said nothing about building new plants. You can find this - and the investor presentation, which also said nothing about new plants - on the US Steel website.

I read through their August 2nd earnings call transcript (current enough that they mentioned Trump’s visit), and they said nothing about building new plants. None of the financial analysts - smart, educated, focused people whose very high compensation depends on knowing what’s happening at U.S. Steel - asked about new plants. They did ask about capacity in 2021, and were told

“The capacity, we’re not adding new capacity. We just expect to be able to utilize our existing capacity at a higher rate.”

You can find this at seekingalpha.com.

RP, you doubtless understand materiality,and that a publicly traded company like US Steel would have to announce plans of this magnitude. So help me out - I must be missing something here.

The alternative is that Trump is simply a con man who flings BS around like most of us breathe, and that he figures his marks, er., core devotees lack the inclination and the critical thinking ability to figure out his lies, even one as transparent as this. But that can’t be right, can it?

3 Likes

:point_left: 27 years with United States Steel. I can assure you there are absolutely zero plans to build any new steel mills. Hell, I’d be happy if they finally install the electric arc furnace in Fairfield. All of the parts are on site and have been for many years. Not even any plans for that.

1 Like

Obviously, the U.S. Steel website is FAKE NEWS!

But not surprising considering the fake president and his desires for young things.

Why do the liberals at US Steel hate Trump and America so much they’re lying about not openning new plants?

1 Like

GOP 2020…

2 Likes

How’s that “impeachment in 6 months” coming along?

Not sure where you picked that up from…can you name whoever made that claim? Besides you, that is.

Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Illinois have either reopened or upped production. And that was just a glance at the googles.

And that was back in March after just a whiff of tariffs.

2 Likes

Republic Steel, Ohio.

San Antonio

Is US Steel opening up any new plants?

You libs… oh how quickly you forget.

Mingo Junction, Ohio

which brings the number of new steel plants to 0.0…

1 Like