Trump Twitter Ban is Permanent

Breaking news this morning. Twitter has announced that Trump has been banned from their platform permanently. Even if he runs for public office again in the future.

Twitter CFO Ned Segal confirmed that Donald Trump’s ban from the platform is a permanent one — even if the former president decides to seek public office again.

In a Wednesday interview with "Squawk Box"'s Becky Quick on CNBC, Segal said that anyone “inciting violence” on Twitter would not be allowed to return.

I think this is pretty huge news. Twitter was the single most important way that Trump communicated with his supporters.

What affect does this have on Trump’s chances in 2024? Where does he go from here?

On a personal note, I can’t express how nice it is not hearing from Trump. Out of sight, out of mind. It’s so refreshing. I can’t put into words how toxic that man is.

2 Likes

Why did they feel compelled to announce this?

We heard them the first time.

Trump put Twitter on the path to monopoly and they threw him out like a vagrant in Trump Tower.

They should announce this every couple weeks so we know what permanent really means.

:european_castle:

2 Likes

Somebody asked him. He answered the question. It was an interview.

1 Like

And libs celebrating the silencing of political opponents.

5 Likes

That is simply not true.

My exit from twitter is permanent as well. My choice not theirs.

Only reason i ever signed up was to see what Trump really tweeted rather than rely on those lying media creatutes.

No special treatment. Unless you think politicians deserve one.

1 Like

Fantastic news! Finally, some real alternatives will happen.

2 Likes

And yet…you all can’t get enough of Trump news.

2 Likes

Right…like libs every really cared about free speech.

4 Likes

It’s not political. Twitter doesn’t want him and this time Trump can’t grab em by the ■■■■■■

He should become a fixture on FoxNews. I don’t think a new, Trump branded news network would succeed. It’s possible a new “Parlor” will spring up that Trump will embrace. Hard to say.

I am all for competition in social media but why would that need Trump being banned to happen?

Uh. I would imagine most liberals are quite happy not to hear from him.

like cons ever really care about personal responsibility.

Didn’t think it was in there but I guess it is. Libs are obviously anti-first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or to have a Twitter account; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Also, Twitter doesn’t count as a private company and is a part of Congress.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

That’s not very imaginative. lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Dear Leader.

1 Like

Incentives. Motivation. Epiphanies.

No, but I think it would be the most effective.