Trump to Revoke States Authority to Set Air Pollution Standards -- Washington First!

I am betting Obese Donald is clueless why CA has been allowed to set their own standards on automobile emissions, or why at least 12 other States across the nation voluntarily adopted CA standards or how long this has been going on.

1 Like

Btw, carbon taxes or emission taxes dont help, as the rich would continue to drive their cars, paying that taxes and only the poor is affected. It doesnt help to have a clenaer environment in that ■■■■■■■■■ cities you have in CA

Thanks, I wasn’t sure I was welcomed to do that or not.

But I learned all I needed to regarding any points you possibly were trying to make from the first 4 words of your screed that I bolded.

Reading the rest of it proved me right.

:hugs:

1 Like

I am listening but the noise pollution is blocking out the sound.

2 Likes

It breaks the chains of burdensome regulations… or something.

Coal is dying because of natural gas. It is cleaner and much more economical then coal. Solar and wind will play a part.

Having clean air in the us may not save the world but it is nice to be able to walk outside and not breath in smog.

Having clean air in your city is one thing and all that climate change a totally different issue.
As I said in other post, imposing taxes on carbon and/or emission wouldnt help you necessarily to have cleaner air locally, as those who can afford it would continue to drive their “dirty” cars, paying the higher taxes. The only consequence is that you hurt the poor

The issue here is that california has strict standards set by their state which trump is trying to do away with.

I thought conservatives wanted states to be able to govern themselves?

1 Like

No more strict abortion standards. One federal standard for all amirite

4 Likes

The funny part of this is that the auto manufacturers are very unlikely to lower their standards. They know this will be in the courts for years, probably well after Trump is gone. Is the federal government going to force automakers to build to the lower standard?

Wonder what the real reason behind this is? States dont want it. CaR makers dont want it, but trump is trying to force it…

There is some underlying issue here.

The CA air quality standards weren’t set with climate change in mind. They were set with “breath the air” in mind.

1 Like

Most of the automobile manufacturers have don’t want the regulations changed. They’ve built them into their plans and the recognize that Trump’s changes will be eventually reversed – because no matter how much money the Koch Brothers pour into propaganda against global warming the data will win out in the end (they auto guys are engineers not ideologues). So other than a pyrrhic victory against Democratic California and the specter of Trump’s competent predecessor what does this accomplish?

Power, pure exercise of power. Barack Obama – smarter, more competent, even better looking than Trump, must have all his actions erased to try to assuage the feelings of inadequacy at the core of Trump’s soul.

Eh…typically everything is personal with trump, so it I dont thinknits purely Obama here.

Well he also loathes California… but Obama clearly brings out such terrible feelings of inadequacy in Trump.

Yeah I know…

But what amazes me is how many people here do not recognize what an insecure narcissistic mess the President is.

They are one and the same

Of course the rich will continue to drive their cars and so will poor/middle class people.

How do you know? Ever lived in CA?