Trump to go after Social Media companies via Anti-Trust laws

how does google hold a monopoly on search engines when there are thousands of them?

1 Like

How are anti-trust lawsuits usually instigated?

Via Executive Order?

Never heard of that happening before.

Good point. If you are correct, the review should be over quickly.
But then Microsoft destroyed Netscape, didn’t it?

You’d have to ask a democrat.

the concept of having a monopoly on the internet is stupid when you can make a website and host it from your bedroom.

Then, again, it should be a short review. You need to testify.

If that is not a legal method then I have no doubt it will be challenged. And as I said, I agree that once the review starts then Trump needs to stay out of it and leave it to the experts.

This isn’t really similar to that case since we are not dealing with software being sold.

Lol some people don’t understand the definition of monopoly

It’s not an “illegal” method, but that’s not the point.

What would you have said if Obama had signed an EO ordering the Trump Organization be investigated for OSHA violations?

Would you have said “if they’re not breaking any laws, they’ll be done with it soon”?

The fact that they have to probe a half a dozen or more companies in the same business in order to pursue an anti-trust case kinda hurts their chances.

6 Likes

Well actually I wouldn’t have cared one bit. But I see your point. What would you have said if Obama had done this and found about a hundred major OSHA violations? You might have thought it was a good thing Obama did that.
If Obama had started that and nothing showed up, he would wind up with egg on his face. Actually, that would not be a unique situation for Trump.

You’re missing my point. There’s a reason why Obama didn’t demand any legal investigations into his perceived political opponents.

Twitter should block him as an act of revenge.

1 Like

Not at all sure that is a correct statement. Not at all sure. Brennan said without Obama there would be no Mueller. Plus there was the whole IRS thing.

First of all - link? I’m pretty sure this is a false statement.

Second, if he did mastermind the deep state - did he do it in a public EO?

That is serious ■■■■ right there.

Well yes, its was a false statement. I researched it and it was Clapper who said it.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/07/24/clapper_obama_ordered_the_intelligence_assessment_that_resulted_in_mueller_investigation.html

That’s more than a little disingenuous.

Clapper said that, in response to Russian interference, Obama ordered an intelligence assessment.

Your statement was well-crafted to be both technically true, and still imply justification for nonsensical conspiracy theories.

3 Likes

If that were true, Ma Bell wouldn’t have been broken up. Nothing they did was illegal. Other than having a monopoly on phone service.