TRUMP TO BETO: ‘Respect the Victims’ of Mass Shootings and ‘Be Quiet’ During El Paso Visit

Originally published at: TRUMP TO BETO: ‘Respect the Victims’ of Mass Shootings and ‘Be Quiet’ During El Paso Visit | Sean Hannity

President Trump singled-out former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke Wednesday; urging the presidential candidate to “be quiet” and “respect the victims” during his visit to El Paso and Dayton, Ohio.

“Beto (phony name to indicate Hispanic heritage) O’Rourke, who is embarrassed by my last visit to the Great State of Texas, where I trounced him, and is now even more embarrassed by polling at 1% in the Democrat Primary, should respect the victims & law enforcement – & be quiet!” posted Trump on Twitter.

Beto (phony name to indicate Hispanic heritage) O’Rourke, who is embarrassed by my last visit to the Great State of Texas, where I trounced him, and is now even more embarrassed by polling at 1% in the Democrat Primary, should respect the victims & law enforcement – & be quiet!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 7, 2019

President Trump will travel to Texas Wednesday to visit with victims of last weekend’s deadly mass shooting at a Walmart shopping center, where a lone gunman killed 22 and injured dozens more.

“El Paso Mayor Dee Margo told reporters at an afternoon news conference that Trump would visit the city on Wednesday. The mayor asked that the visit amid a divisive gun control debate not be politicized,” reports Reuters.

“U.S. gun control activists say the internet and video games cannot be blamed because they are also are popular in countries where mass shootings are virtually unknown, in part because it is harder to obtain a firearm,” adds the website.

Democratic presidential hopeful and former El Paso Congressman Beto O’Rourke blaming President Trump for the mass shooting, saying “he has no place” in his community because he “helped create the hatred that made the tragedy possible.”

This president, who helped create the hatred that made Saturday's tragedy possible, should not come to El Paso. We do not need more division. We need to heal. He has no place here.

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) August 5, 2019

Read the full report here.