Trump threaten to "Ruin" Canada

During a campaign event Trump again threatened Canadian this time saying he will “Ruin” us with auto tariff, all I I have to say is shut up and do it already.

Trump has repeatedly threatened to hit Canada with the auto tariffs if Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refused to make NAFTA concessions. He had never before spoken about ruining Canada, but it was not clear if the rhetorical escalation was a deliberate, meaningful shift or merely impromptu loose talk.

Trump began discussing Canada on his way to a Republican fundraising event in North Dakota. He told reporters on Air Force One: “Canada has been ripping us off for a long time. Now, they’ve got to treat us fairly.”

“I don’t want to do anything bad to Canada. I can — all I have to do is tax their cars, it would be devastating. If I tax cars coming in from Canada, it would be devastating,” he continued, according to a pool reporter travelling with him.

Everytime Trump open his mouth he makes it harder and harder for his team to get an NAFTA agreement signed.

Trump has repeatedly threatened to hit Canada with the auto tariffs if Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refused to make NAFTA concessions. He had never before spoken about ruining Canada, but it was not clear if the rhetorical escalation was a deliberate, meaningful shift or merely impromptu loose talk.

Trump began discussing Canada on his way to a Republican fundraising event in North Dakota. He told reporters on Air Force One: “Canada has been ripping us off for a long time. Now, they’ve got to treat us fairly.”

“I don’t want to do anything bad to Canada. I can — all I have to do is tax their cars, it would be devastating. If I tax cars coming in from Canada, it would be devastating,” he continued, according to a pool reporter travelling with him.

Trump is your typical alligator mouth and a rabbit ass. All talk.

3 Likes

He has an inability to negotiate in good faith, and has pretty much turned this deal into a impossible for the Canadian government they simply can’t sign it and be re-elected.

1 Like

canada was ruined a long time ago. Too many canadians, eh.

Don’t you worry though, they’re fixing that.

We gave them draft dodgers and they gave us bieber. Nobody wins!

Which is just fine with Trump because he’s still pissed at Trudeau for daring to stand up to him and call him out for who he is.

Oh I agree. He just cares how it plays to his base and gets cheers during rallies. Of course this can be said about almost every issue.

I drove past a big auto plant on my way to Toronto in July. Be a shame if they had to stop making cars.

1 Like

It would suck car export are one of biggest markets

at this point majority of the country is willing to tell him to ■■■■ off he has no allies in both parties equally have been turned off by his in ability to negotiate in good faith.

Trump alone has made Trudeau even more popular everytime he open his mouth and attack Canada, his poll numbers go up…

I’m not sure if they would completely stop cars are a werid thing we build car sell them to America then buy cars built in America and import them to sell in Canada.

I really don’t get it.

It should also be noted he would be hurting American companies by putting tariff on cars since they are all American car companies that have plants in Canada.

You can pretty much bet that trump doesn’t know that.

Most people develop a filter that keeps stupid from leaking out of the mouth before the brain engages.

It looks like Trump is still waiting for his to be installed…

And who are the top three manufacturers of cars in Canada?

GM, Ford and Chrysler. Go figure huh.

Nope…i think the aging process has rewired his.

Nah…there is Volvo, Toyota and Honda too…but I just made the same point.

One of the cars I drive is a Lincoln Town Car that was built in Canada. It has almost 285,000 miles on it (should hit that this month), and still drives great. Got to love that dependability. I have seen some of those Panther platforms with almost 500,000 miles on them. Great cars…

No it was the TV show, Trump was a playboy rich boy who lost daddy’s money all time, he then got a job acting a part on the Apprentice that the show runners made up for him and he kinda lost himself in the part. Trump use to be a NYC liberal until he got onto the show and got mad because his party the Dem party voted for a black man over his good friend Hillary. That is what is so funny/sad that all these Trump lovers are loving a NYC elite liberal racist who only became a GOP idiot because he hated a black guy and lost his mind into a TV show character.

2 Likes