Trump: There we’re stenographers on the phone call

I bet you fat donald had no idea certain people were on the line.

But memo and memorandum are.

SO how come they released a memo instead of a transcript by said stenographers? Now we know it exists- Schiff should subpoena it.

1 Like

Not in this thread. Where does it say it’s a memo. lol.

Allan

Who said that??

Is that you adam schiff??

^*

When the Deep State is so deep, it goes shallow.

Whoa.

Because there is no formal transcript, that’s not how it works.

from MSN

Who listens to the call?

Traditionally, officials from the US national security council (NSC) brief the president before a call with a foreign leader. Then the briefers sit in the Oval Office with the president while he speaks on the phone with the foreign leader. “At least two members of the NSC are usually present,” according to USA Today.

There will also be officials sitting in a secure room in another part of the White House, listening to the president’s call and taking notes. Their notes are known as a “memorandum of telephone conversation”, and like many things in Washington it has an abbreviation: “memcon”.

The president’s calls with foreign leaders are also transcribed by computers. Afterwards, as former White House officials explain, the human note takers compare their impressions with an electronic version of the call. The notes from the officials and from the computerised transcriptions are combined into one document. This transcript may not be perfect, but it is done as carefully as time and resources allow.

So a memorandum, is all there is.

1 Like

There are no stenographers, see above.

wait- Trump was lying?

7 Likes

Just joking as always

Allan

The president’s calls with foreign leaders are also transcribed by computers. Afterwards, as former White House officials explain, the human note takers compare their impressions with an electronic version of the call. The notes from the officials and from the computerised transcriptions are combined into one document.

2 Likes

No matter how you slice it:

1. Then trump was lying.
  2. Trump’s “officials” are allowed to revise the computer transcript.

From what I remember that guy was quite a trip.

3 Likes

I have seen above, and I’m pretty sure there were stenographers.

I assume he was referring to the NSC note takers, but they are not stenographers and their job is not to produce a word for word transcription of the call.

Are you shocked?

When combined they are still a memorandum, if you want to ask for the computer transcription, feel free, see a live close captioned event sometime to get an idea of the accuracy of such.

Yeah, the word for word transcript is done by computer

Well, subpoena that! This memo with chunks missing is a waste.

So, another trump lie?