Trump, the Super Bowl, and the Patriots

The three would seem to be totally unrelated today. I remember though, back in 2017, Trump, Rush, and some others were trying to associate them. These were Rush’s words back then. I remember them well because I was a Falcons fan, rooting for the underdog (the Falcons):

And then they had to sit there and watch history repeat itself. In fact, you should have seen it over at Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight blog at halftime: Patriots have 1% chance of winning the game. Halfway through the third quarter, Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight after the Patriots had to punt and they were still down 28-3 midway through the third quarter: Patriots’ chance of winning now down to one half of 1%.

And the same liberals who thought Hillary had it in the bag on election night thought that Trump was gonna be eating excrement and the Patriots were gonna be disappointing Trump and Trump disappointed them and it was gonna be almost — I mean, it wasn’t gonna salve the election defeat, but it was gonna be a little bit of payback. And, instead, on the pregame show during the interview with Bill O’Reilly, Trump had predicted the Patriots to win by eight.

Well, here we are 3 years later, and it is another election year. You know something else that’s interesting? The Patriots aren’t even in the Super Bowl this year. It will be the first time in several years that they haven’t been in the Super Bowl.

Now, if we apply the 2017 logic of some of the commentators to 2020, I wonder what that would say about Trump in this election? Just something that got me thinking…

Lets just get to November already. This is ridiculous. :rofl:

1 Like

Tom Brady is old. He’s not heart attack Bernie Sanders old, but still old.

Oh, and Jimmy Garappolo played for the Pats, a projected vicarious win for Kraft, Belichick and Trump.

Sanders ain’t married to that , either. :wink: