Trump Tells Us His Reasons For Acting "Don't Matter"

You are avoiding the issue here… which is the credibility of the Trump Administration. No one is trying to rehabilitate Soleimani… we are trying to understand and assess the actions of Donald J. Trump.

No, but the authorization to put a hit out was.

That kind of goes against this idea that there was an immediate threat.

What is the challenge?

The President did what he did.

The argument is becoming that he didn’t need a good reason.

That will be great going forward.

Blame the two countries who agreed that there could be a proportional response as long as no Americans got hurt. A saving face on both sides. Iran got to show off it’s military might by blowing up some sand, and Trump got to back away because No Americans were harmed. Everyone walked away a winner. Except for those souls on board the airline that was shot down in this bogus show of military strength and face saving.

Excellent Job USA and Iran…The 176 people on board and their families appreciate the open honesty from both sides. And Trump owes no one and explanation on anything? Got it!

They’re just doing the “sympathize with terrorists” Iraq War style propaganda

2 Likes

Why start now. He has based his whole defense of everything on the intelligence community not knowing crap. That they are all part of Deep State out to get him. So why would you think he should trust the intelligence community now? I don’t get it.

No… the issue that I opened this thread with was to ask why whether Trump’s tweet about the reasons not mattering is satisfactory is the face of his Administrations inability to get a story straight as to why the hit was ordered. This has nothing to do with Trump’s unwillingness to acknowledge Russian interference in 2016 or to take action to prevent further interference going forward. That should be a separate thread topic.

Really? In my world…actions speak louder than words.

1. the president authorized the target months ago

2. the administration has not provided any real proof to Congress that the threat was imminent.

3. the Sec of Defense has not seen the intelligence about an upcoming attack

4. the story keeps shifting

5. the targets of the threats were not alerted

So the President ordered a hit. It looks like he doesn’t need to have a good reason or explanation for doing so.

It will be quite convenient for this policy moving forward.

In your world you don’t care whether or not actions are justified?

So you would agree that the Whistleblower filing his complaint regarding the Trump/Zelensky call is sufficient and there is no reason to hear the Whistleblower’s testimony, given that actions speak louder than words?

Oh, well in that case. Why didn’t the OP use the whole quote?? And in context??

Or for that matter, an accurate quote even, because trump didn’t say “Don’t Matter” as it’s written in the OP.

Is the quote in the thread title full, accurate and in context??

Why didn’t you use the whole quote in context?

Nothing shifted. Read the entire quote and then take up any complaints with the OP and the failing nyt.

Yeah you definitely need to read that article again, and then read the tweet that inspired the phony article in the first place.

Then consider asking for a thread deletion.

The only people making that argument are the ones lying about what trump tweeted.

You have some proof of this I’m sure.

Not just an article, but real proof, right??

Let’s see it.

We all know what hillary meant. Her actions before and after benghazi showed how much she cared.

“What difference does it make?” was the icing on her 7-layer cake of excuses and lies. And it’s hilarious watching people who turned “BENGHAZI!!!” into a punchline pretending to care all these years later.

Now answer my questions about the OP quote being inaccurate, incomplete and out of context.

You could have fooled me based on the posts i have been reading from that side. :roll_eyes: