Trump Tells Us His Reasons For Acting "Don't Matter"

If the russia hoax taught us nothing else, the most important thing is to protect sources and methods.

Awesome cherry picking. Completely ignoring the testing of ballistic missiles NK performed throughout the year after no longer being a threat

Completely ignoring the attacks on coalition and US bases in 2019. Before the the perfect call

Mmm cherries

1 Like

Only if you believe that changing the topic is relevant to a discussion.

What none of Trump supporters are doing is addressing their thoughts on Trump’s “doesn’t matter” tweet.

1 Like

Interesting that there appears to be a call to protect sources in some of the posts in this thread.

I find it a little humorous that people are trying to compare the aftermath of an intelligence failure and the shifting reasons for the President ordering a hit.

1 Like

Yeah…I know…cuz it doesn’t matter. :sunglasses:

So, what are the shifting explanations offered by the Trump administration. Are they true but different? Or different AND contradictory?

What we are comparing are two Administrations providing shifting explanations for their actions. The analogy is strong.

When the President says he acted to prevent an immanent attack on four US Embassies and the Secretary of Defense says he saw no evidence that an attack was immanent, they are different and contradictory.

1 Like

Big difference…Clinton made that statement in response to why an action happened TO the U.S. .

…In this case, it’s to a response FOR taking action…Big Difference.

Why don’t you use the whole quote in context?

1 Like

Why don’t you use the whole quote?

1 Like

I get that.

My point is that one was a reaction based on shifting intelligence and the other was a reaction taken by the administration with no clear justification.

1 Like

Because then it doesn’t mean what they want it to mean.

1 Like

What about cons?

What a difference. Obama and Clinton were reporting shifting intelligence. Trump was reporting … his own shifting moods?

2 Likes

Which is what I was trying to say,…putting my thoughts to written word is not a strong point of mine…lol.

Is it not possible that Trump had received advice from intelligence agencies, for which his secretary of defense, and possibly he himself had not seen any direct evidence? Not too long ago the anti-Trumpers were decrying his not trusting his intelligence agencies assurances. Now that he has trusted those agencies’ assurances, the same people are bitching that he should have been more cynical. Predictable.

1 Like

Who really cares if the United States is credible or not?

1 Like