Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

I love how Republicans keep showing that the “party of law and order” was nothing but a ruse to fool the gullible.

BlueTex is not going to court, you are not going to court. How exactly are you going to be seeing him in court?

But the issue is.

Was it hard for you to comprehend my meaning or are you just looking to belittle me? Please respond to my question so that I will know how to respond to you in the future.

Remember how they were for transparency and said they didn’t trust politicians?

Suddenly they trust a con man who’s a politician. That’s funny.

Check out the full letter. He is not arguing law in the small quote. In the full letter he explains that the law is only valid if it complies with the Constitution. If the law states that Congress can pull anyones IRS documents for the purpose of embarrassing them, then that law is not valid under the Constitution. Congress is given the power of oversight, not the power of embarrassing people for political purposes.

1 Like

No. Never transparency into peoples personal lives for the purpose of embarrassment. That was never a tenant of small government conservatives.
Always for transparency in the running of government…such as Fast and Furious.

How could anyone embarrass Trump; he is too busy doing that himself.

Is it embarrassing to follow up on testimony given by his former lawyer that the President committed insurance and bank fraud?

Now we are switching back and forth between the tax issue and the financial documents issue. If we are searching for fraud, then get a warrant from a judge. The judge can determine if Cohen’s statements are probable cause for a search warrant.
Unless they are part of the redacted portions for ongoing matters, obviously Muller did not think it warranted a search warrant.

It doesn’t have to be for a criminal referal. It could be getting information for when they get Alan Weisselberg to testify.

Then that is what you should have said., not portrayed it as if you were a plaintiff and issued it like a threat.

I have 5 bucks that says when all this is said and done christians and law and order folks will have supported a money launderer, a tax evader, a person who committed bank and insurance fraud, a guy who is in debt to the Russian mob, a man who constructed a network of shell companies to write-off abortions and mistress expenses and funneled money to his himself illegally and a dude who enriched himself by being a politician.

That’s why he has to keep oversight from actually happening.

3 Likes

So then you knew what I was trying to articulate and chose to belittle me over it. Far few character strokes to just type that out “Belittle you”

Why do you come across as so condescending? Do you mean to, or is it just inadvertant?

Choose your words more carefully.

These are all matters of criminal investigation and that is the proper recourse. If a judge finds probably cause for search warrants, then let them be served and impeach followed by prosecution.
Get the probable cause first. Estimating one value for tax purposes and and one for loan purposes doesn’t in itself do that. Now if actual facts are misrepresented other than different estimates that would be different.
There are already laws against fraud. That is for criminal investigation.

I chose them very carefully, but you havent answered my question.

No you didn’t.

As for your personal insult well there is a reason I left that out of the previous quote.

I really did. I fully intended to post exactly what I wrote. I chose the words I used to convey a thought, and do not regret them. You may, and that is your prerogative.

You still havent answered my question, But even though an answer would be great, I really dont anticipate one.

:roll_eyes:

I’m sure you did.

Why does this have to be repeated ad nauseum? So many wannabe lawyers around here.