Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

That was your take, not mine. You said

So I am asking you, if you think that way, why have the election.

I do not think that way.

so, you just leave a foreign operative in our Oval Office and just have congress try to stop him (even when his own party may control congress and needs him to pass legislation that they want)?

nah, we need actual oversight to prevent the worst from happening.

Political rivals will use any information they can against you…that doesn’t change the fact that less transparency = more corruption. If people who want to hide their finances don’t want to run for elected office because of potential backlash, then that’s a wonderful thing.

NO they should not, not when the obvious purpose is to use them for political harassment.

I am all for actual oversight. I’m not for fishing trips and violating the 4th amendment.

If Trump has nothing to hide, and his earned monies are on the up-and-up, then its no worries.

You are creating this fantasy scenario where you think Congress is going to look at Trump’s taxes, and investigate where legal loopholes are used.

There is a difference between hiding government documents involving governmental policy, like we had with the Obama administration and Fast and Furious, and hiding personal documents.

I’ve never seen so many people argue about wanting less and less transparency in government. I guess when they support a lawless president who was propped up by Russia…caring about ethics is old school.

3 Likes

Obvious purpose?

Americans have the right to know if Trump isn’t using his power to loosen sanctions on countries where he is making money. Putting himself and his businesses over the security of the United States. And with Trump hemming and hawing, it seems that he is hiding something.

Why would candidate Trump state he would release his taxes and then as President, sue everyone in the world to keep them from being released? Seems a bit sketchy to me. But, I’m not a Trump supporter, who don’t care what happens to the US, as long as those evil libzes aren’t in power.

Trump wants to hide government documents as well but I’m sure you won’t complain.

He doesn’t even want people keeping notes. What’s he hiding?

There is no 4th amendment challenge… Tax returns are government documents… Congress has ALREADY decided who can get access and when and it was signed by the president making it federal law. Heck, tax returns were not even confidential till the 1970’s… At one time congress made them public record…

Which government documents is Trump hiding?

Oh, and I’m sure you…something, something…

You do realize that Trump waived all executive privilege claims to the Mueller report, don’t you? Obama never waived an executive privilege claim in his life and I don’t recall all the complaints from the left about it.

Why complain if you have nothing to hide

it’s not a 4th amendment issue and he’s an employee of the Central Government. it’s important that our checks and balances are performed.

Technically that is already the case.

Why have the 4th amendment then?
Why have that “right to privacy” in the Constitution that we keep hearing about?

Busy making that long list of government documents that Trump is hiding. I’m sure you didn’t just make that up so lets have the list.

Tax records are not protected by the 4th amendment… geez… Over the years they have gone from public record to semi-private to confidential all based on federal law…

This, and through all of those changes never once did they pass a law changing section 6103(f). It’s almost as if Congress wanted to keep a way to maintain their oversight abilities.