Trump sues in bid to block congressional subpoena of financial records

So if an actual manchurian candidate did come along we have no recourse.

That’s just funny as hell.

What you fail to acknowledge is Trump’s unprecedented transparency in providing all requested material and unfettered access to individuals in his administration. That is what makes the claims about obstruction so absurd.

:joy:

That cannot even be typed with a straight face. Using hyperbole will not further a factually incorrect statement in any situation.

2 Likes

If there’s a warrant and probable cause, go ahead. Search my house, search my tax returns. I have nothing to hide.

Yep. That’s the thing the Dems need. Probable cause and a warrant. Not just “gimme”

There is plenty of probable cause to look into the President’s finances.

Ummmm…

Maxine Waters isn’t all that wealthy. Net worth estimated to be around half a million dollars.

Actually they dont. The police do. Dont like that, ask your congressman to change the law. Wanna guess what their response will be?

I’ll be impressed when I hear a judge say that. In the mean time, the Constitution does limit searches and seizures. Pelosi is not above the Constitution…yet.

I can never keep track of which side of privacy the left is on.

But if this thread is any example I’ll guess that all the Dems here were/are fine with the Patriot Act with all the “Well if he has nothing to hide, he has nothing to fear” crap being slung around.

You understand there’s already SCOTUS precedent on this, right?

IRS filings are government documents. There is no Constitutional protection. The only reason that they’re not public information right now is because Congress passed a law saying that they were private and couldn’t be released.

Congress also passed a law giving them the ability to get any tax returns they want.

The Constitutional argument isn’t going to fly.

The republican strategy is to highlight the few paragraphs where Mueller gives Trump the benefit of the doubt and then ignore the contents of the other 400+ pages. If I were the DNC I’d spend millions on just trying to get people in battle ground states to at least browse the Mueller report and see what’s actually in there.

The government shouldn’t be allowed to view government documents? :joy:

Anything to cover up for a corrupt, wannabe tyrant. I suppose he just doesn’t want people to see how generous to charity he is?

The government’s ability to request government documents isn’t something I’ve seen anyone on the left fight against.

Being stupid works

Christ what a load of crap.therefore given this logic newt Gingrich weaponized the house when he went after bill…
Given your logic the gop weaponized congress when they went after hillary…

Probable cause was laid out by AOC in the Cohen testimony. Watch the video, it’s undeniable that her committee has a duty to follow up on the statements made during her questioning.

The irony of this situation is if a judge uses Ocasio-Cortez’s questioning in their decision to block the suit. Could finally show Canada what real irony looks like counter to that horrible 90’s song by Alanis Morrisette.

1 Like

And this isn’t revenge politics, it’s congressional oversight that should have happened under Paul Ryan but did not, now the country has voted for true oversight of the president, his supporters are howling revenge. It rings empty.

Allan

1 Like

If one reads the Mueller Report, one would see that the President was working on building a tower in Moscow and getting financing from a bank that was under US sanctions.

I don’t understand why people seem to be fine with that.

1 Like