Trump Showed Off A Fake Hurricane Dorian Forecast Map To Support His False Claim It Would Hit Alabama

Luckily you protect us.

So was Alabama in projected path at one time…yes or no libs?

Wow…just notice there is 2 treads on this…they must have gotten their talking point at the same time.

@GWH @Snow96 @Medicswife2002 can merge this with other one here.

alabama was never in the cone of uncertainty which is the altered map trump showed
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2019/DORIAN_graphics.php?product=5day_cone_with_line

1 Like

First one to the outrage machine wins their very own thread.

1 Like

Please! Orangerage

1 Like

The TDS reporters are sniffing sharpies.

The dreaded “Cone of Uncertainty”!

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence

2 Likes

Trump is insane for doing this.

Why did Trump add the black curve? Is it common for Presidents to add graphics to a NOAA graphic?

2 Likes

Another Bingo!

Yeah it’s really the use of a black sharpie that’s bothersome

Trump is literally willing to falsify weather maps to make it seem like he wasn’t wrong. Let that sink in for a moment.

2 Likes

Missed it by THAT much.

That’s from August 28th. Today us Sept 4th. Why the blue ■■■■ is our president sharing old, ALTERED hurricane forecasts? That ■■■■ is dangerous to people who may be in the actual path.

1 Like

He wasn’t wrong.

Let that sink in.

He was very wrong.

https://twitter.com/NWSBirmingham/status/1168179647667814400

I am going to side with Trump. This is an August 29th (last Thursday) Projection. The Cone is the compilation of the models. Las Thursday the Hurricane was not even in the Bahama’s yet. On Friday afternoon these models changed, and it began to take a more Northward track, and by Saturday the Track was taking it along side the Atlantic coast of Florida. If you look at the projection, the dotted portion of the Cone is a 4 to 5 day projection. Hurricanes are not that predictable…a wobble a couple degree’s left or right can change the track by hundreds of miles. And they wobble. So my meteorological training…which involves a couple of classes in college and years and years of learning about forecasting…would simply say…that if the storm had stayed on that Track…for day 6 and 7 it would have indeed hit Alabama. However, it appears that Trump banked on this projection as gospel and did not pay any attention to the updates on Friday or Saturday.

The Sharpie is just someone extrapolating out this Cone of Uncertainty to include Alabama for days 6 and 7. But if I looked at this projection and saw that this is what the guidance was…I would have said barring any change or wobble in direction, It would have definitely hit Alabama…based on Thursday’s forecast of a Storm that was just north of Puerto Rico at 11 am Eastern Time on last Thursday. I don’t see much unbelievable about it. At that time the track was up the coast of FLA…then across between Orlando and Tampa Bay and out into the Gulf where it would likely re-strengthen. My buddy who lives just south of Daytona has spent the last 5 days living in a boarded up house and moved his charter boat inland. The Hurricane never came ashore.

Predicting a Hurricane is not something that a president should be doing. However, a president should have the latest data hourly, or at least turn on the damn weather channel. Going off this 11 am Thursday info on the track. It appears that the storm would indeed hit Alabama.

2 Likes

Conan, this isn’t TDS. This is real life. And TODAY, September 4th, the president shared an ALTERED weather forecast from the NOAA that NEVER showed the information that was added in.

The NOAA projections can be seen here:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2019/DORIAN_graphics.php?product=5day_cone_with_line

You can see every single model they predicted all the way from August 24th to their most recent update today. Not a single model from the NOAA shows what the Trump admin added today.

That’s really ■■■■■■ up. This isn’t TDS. This is our president sharing flagrantly false, altered, and dated information ahead of what could be a very dangerous storm about to hit the continental US.

2 Likes

You’re off on this one.

TODAY, he shared LAST WEEK’S forecast. TODAY, he showed a model from LAST WEEK. Days have passed. The model never showed it hitting what was ALTERED in that map. That model does not include the current path of the storm, which is going to hit people that map does not show.

That’s ■■■■■■ up.

1 Like