Trump Should Unilaterally Appoint A Special Counsel to Oversee DOJ Election Irregularity; incl Mueller Investigation

Are you sure you are a “BestLawyer”? I’m getting skeptical… Was Michael Cohen a fellow student at your law school?

The president can fire the AG any time he wants…

1 Like

Any reputably lawyer that is not shaded by a political agenda takes my position. You are trying to say that the legislature can dictate who the inferior officers of the President are. In the Constitution they don’t have that power. I would like one reputable lawyer to give a legal argument that counters what I am saying.

LMAO… How do these “reputably lawyers” suggest this office get funded? Do we just suspend congressional appropriations under Article I?

1 Like

Congress is Repubican-controlled. I doubt very much they would refuse to fund a special counsel apppointed by the President to investigate irregularities of the inherently conflited DOJ . If they refused this then they would lose their entire base of support.

conflicted

Can you name some of these reputable lawyers?

LMAO… Why would congress fund a special counsel that has no basis in law? They are not all idiots…

We’re going to have to put up with a whole bunch of new posters for a while. Things just got really bad for Trump and they’re looking for any way out.

Yeah, noticed a flood of these this morning.

Alan Dershowitz to start

Case law suggests that a President would have the power to appoint a special counsel to investigate the DOJ, that statutory authority would not be necessary, because he is not completely re-organizing the executive branch just making sure it is carrying out the laws properly. https://www.heritage.org/political-process/report/the-presidents-reorganization-authority

Because he’s weak? A failure? He loves the swamp? He’s useless? He’s a fraidy cat? A liar? He knows he’s a criminal? Sessions is more powerful than trump is? Putin is telling Trump what to do?

Because it’s horse poop and horse poop don’t fly.

Or, Trump could resign and save himself, his children, and his country.

Because if there was reason to investigate Clinton, the DoJ would already be doing it. Demanding it and making it happen himself, unilaterally, if that were even allowed by law, would make him look like a tin pot dictator.

2 Likes

And if he is commissioning officers of the United States, as you claim under Article II Section 3 - Then Article II Section 2 also applies in that…

“He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.”

So it would appear that if Congress hasn’t created by law the ability of the President to appoint officers, then the Senate gets advise and consent authority over a new officer position and who is selected. Remember we are not talking about an inferior position already handled by Congress or an “adviser to the President” type of thing. You are talking about an extra-DOJ prosecutor acting as a US Attorny/Prosecutor.

Ya, Congress would have a thing or two to say about that.

.>>>>

2 Likes

Being a BestLawyer and all, would you mind sharing a few citations of “case law” that supports your claim that Trump can create an entirely new entity and fund it out of thin air.

Imagine someone spending as much time typing out a bunch of nonsense as you did here.