Trump should Pardon at least 20,000 people

I can agree on that too! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

It’s not grief, that’s a leftist trait. I’m not a leftist.

It’s anger over a stolen election especially from a president who did so much for our country. Now the children are in charge.

I saw the futility of it from the very beginning instead of supporting stupid policies for 40 years.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t remember Carter’s war on drugs either

Well, as a former drug user, I can tell you first hand how strong Carter was on drugs. Marijuana in a small amount was a felony & you could do time first offence. Could never own a gun or vote again. One plant & you was for sure doing time. Maybe 5-10 years if I remember. If the cops vacuumed your car & found one seed you was arrested. I just never got caught.

Carter was a disaster, BTY. It’s why we got Reagan 2 terms.

Those sentencing guidelines were enacted under Carter? Are you sure it wasn’t under Nixon?

That was under FDR probably. For sure under LBJ.

You was a “Drug fiend” if you smoked pot. They treated pot like heroin.

Incorrect.

Nixon and the War on Drugs

In June 1971, Nixon officially declared a “War on Drugs,” stating that drug abuse was “public enemy number one.” A rise in recreational drug use in the 1960s likely led to President Nixon’s focus on targeting some types of substance abuse.

You are correct, I almost went back and changed my post but decided to let it stand. Ronnie just let his psycho wife rachet it up to 10.

The laws was already on the books before Nixon.

us drug war history
1913 california bans pot
1914 harrison narcotic act- first nationwide drug ban
1925 US joins international opium convention,first international drug control treaty
1930 federal bureau of narcotics created
1937 congress passes marijuana tax act
1951 boggs act quadruples drug penalties includes mandatory penalties
1956 danial act increases penalties for drugs 8x over the boggs act
1970 controlled substance act passed
1986 anti drug abuse act passed. makes possesion of 5 grams of crack mandatory 5 years no parole while regular coke is 500 grams. also increases the number of drug crimes with mandatory sentences and switches us policy from rehab to punishment
1988 office of drug control policy created
1990 solomon lautenberg amendment passed encouraging states to suspends drivers licenses of any drug offender
2012 washington and colorado legalize pot

Reagan was a great President who doesn’t deserve you insults, Carter was a disaster, Clinton a pervert & rapist, Obama/Biden despotic wanna’ be criminals scum of the earth, & now they are back like a plague.

Biden had a LOT to do with the lengthy sentences. Ask millions of imprisoned blacks.

Reagan was a literal loonball who should of been removed for having dementia and letting his wife’s astrologer run the country

Yes he was. Which explains why he and Trump were such good friends for so many years; birds of a feather…

Funny, he ran the country very well.

FYI: Kooky Kamalla will soon take over for senile Joe.

Yet, he threw the Jeffrey Epstein out of his place, Clinton went to pedophile island 29 times I believe…

Urged on by the congressional black caucus, claimed it was racism not to get tough on drugs because it was mostly an urban problem at the time.

One of Trump’s accusers was a 13 year old girl at the time who was introduced to Trump by Epstein.

Try Nixon.