Trump should have used his 2020 slogan in 2016

The country has always been changing. That is a necessary part of human progress. Obama didn’t stand before the American people and claim he was the only person capable of fixing it’s problems. And he certainly wasn’t so arrogant to act as if he alone transformed a nation that was not great into one that was in the span of 2 1/2 years.

If this was directed at me, read the OP again. I was critical of Michelle Obama for making a statement that I found equally as insulting to this nation as Trump’s “MAGA” slogan.

It is unfortunate that the old board is inaccessible, because my posting history in that forum showed that I was just as critical of Obama as I was of Trump. Trump is just a disaster of a different nature. I opposed Obama due to his ideology. I oppose Trump for his childish behavior that is unbecoming of someone in the presidency.

1 Like

Why troll if you don’t like the thread?. Just move on.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d agree with that. That’s why I specified “recent history.” Slavery was one giant stain on the nation’s history, and it wasn’t until the 20th century that women had the right to vote. So, I do agree there have been issues that have been problematic in the nation’s history.

Honestly, I think the period of the Trump presidency will also go down as one of our darker moments. But, the US usually corrects itself eventually. It just takes time on certain issues.

Do you not believe America was already great? Or was it great only when Donald Trump became POTUS?

I’ll copy what I posted in another thread:

Tomorrow there will be several more TDS-du-jour threads too.

And it’s only going to escalate as the reality of another 4 years of Trump sinks in.

There’s nothing to defend against.

Just a dog-pile of regurgitated hatred.

Every one of these TDS threads is a troll thread.

Don’t like when I point that out? Don’t read my replies.

So any criticism of trump=TDS. Got it.

Some of us see a problem with constantly lying, treating vulnerable people horribly, and being ignorant of basic facts/reality.

Many on the right clearly don’t. That is something they will have to reckon with eventually. It may not be immediately, but the next generation is growing into power and they have had about enough of modern conservatism.

With a 90% approval rate among Republicans

3 Likes

Well Obama obviously did because his slogan was Hope & Change so what exactly did did he want to “change”! On one side of his mouth he would say we live the greatest country and on the other side of his mouth it’s lets “change” it. Talk about a confusing & dumb slogan! :roll_eyes:

If America was so great why did Obama say “Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America” if America was great?

We should always strive to change in ways that make this a better country for more of it’s people. Again, that is fundamentally different than Trump claiming only he could fix America’s problems and being arrogant enough to state that the America which wasn’t great before him suddenly is.

Right…spin it baby.

For the first time I’m proud of America. Obama wife.

This thread is about Trump and his 2020 slogan.

There was literally 50 threads on the old board about Obama and his 2008 slogan.

If you believe Trump’s slogan of “Make America Great Again”, in your opinion, when was America not great?

Those who suffer trumpism do tend to have TDS tourettes

1 Like

Some of you see phantoms. Because … TRUMP!!!

Some of us see a man behaving like a monster in the White House while tens of millions of Republican lemmings either ignore or nod along happily.

Right. That’s the same thing I said, but from the lib side of the coin.