Trump says he is opposed to White House aides testifying to Congress, deepening power struggle with Hill

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-he-is-opposed-to-white-house-aides-testifying-to-congress-deepening-power-struggle-with-hill/2019/04/23/0c7bd8dc-65e0-11e9-8985-4cf30147bdca_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e212497d6087

Trump, the wanna be king, is now moving us to a constitutional showdown which he’s gonna lose spectacularly. He doesn’t own those government employees and he can’t gag them (like he did Trump company employees).

Here, let me let John Dean explain it further…

John Dean
@JohnWDean

Trump says he is opposed to White House aides testifying to Congress. Unless the witness agrees Trump can’t stop them without a court order, which would be unprecedented and doubtful. He can’t gag his former aides, and it is criminal to threaten them.”

1 Like

So much for the party of law and order.

They never were…just the party of revenge

2 Likes

We need a complete a total shutdown of Congress until we can stop this lawlessness. Presidential Harassment should be Treasonous.

No executive privilege or attorney/client privilege for fat donald.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1120828096146477057?s=21

He’s just kicking cans down the road using lawsuits. It’s worked for him up to this point in his life.

Why should Trump cooperate with those clowns in congress?

I sure as hell wouldn’t, in fact I would tell em to go ■■■■ themselves.

1 Like

Excellent.

2 Likes

Lol no need for impeachment. Just slow roll Donnie and sycophants into hysteria just like this. Thanks Conan!

3 Likes

Maybe because it’s the law. When did R’s stop being the party of law and order?

Once again you expect/demand repugs to do what your beloved democrats won’t do.

Trump already waived privilege for everyone that has met with the special counsel.

He can fight this and delay… but if he overplays his hand, the House can start impeachment proceedings and force those to testify. The House can decide how long he is allowed to delay.

Trump should get out in front of these investigations. Release his tax returns. Give his blessing to the witnesses from the White House… He’s gonna lose those fights before the election anyway. He should give himself time to respond to these things. It’s the only chance he’s gonna have to win the next election.

This post is not a surprise. Not at all.

3 Likes

:point_up_2:

Barack Obama was born into Middle Class means and had to work for everything that he accomplished in his life.

Donald Trump was being paid $200,000 a year as a three year old and everything that he has is because of his daddy.

It is fine to not like Barack Obama… but it is rather silly to claim that he less a “man of the people” than a man who literally has had everything handed to him.

1 Like

I nailed it when I said that the longer Donald Trump is president the more we were going to hear about Obama and Hillary. Just read the Internet or listen to Republican media. They are desperate.

3 Likes

Even then, he wasn’t making the decision. Just reading a script from the producers. Just a gooberous faker.

1 Like

Yeah, there we go. Screw the constitution. We don’t need a functioning government. In fact, why doesn’t he go ahead and disband Congress and the Supreme Court while he’s at it.

5 Likes

It has been interesting to watch. Trump was going to clean things up and make Washington work. In reality, what we’ve seen is just another politician playing just as dirty as the other politicians and getting very little done in the process.

1 Like

This President (wanna be King) thinks he’s above the law.

And his ardent supporters also think King Trump is above the law.

And as evidence in this thread, some posters feel that anyone asked to testify should tell Congress to go ■■■■ themselves.

This is where we are in America. It’s real scary, and its only gonna get worse.

3 Likes