Trump says he didn’t criticize May despite recording of him critizing May

I wonder if Jim Jordan still stands by his claim he’s never heard Trump say something false?

It’ll be fun watching the Trumpsters rationalize Trump straight up lying. Again. Sad!

Among all the various species of Trump lies, this is probably my favorite type.

• Clearly say something/do something in public, that’s recorded, published, etc.
  • Deny saying or doing that thing.
2 Likes

When you are never held accountable for anything by your supporters, why bother even making the attempt at honesty?

1 Like

I can spin this already.

He didn’t criticize her.

He was giving her feedback.

2 Likes

Coward move. But then again, he’s a fake tough guy.

First in with “FAKE NEWS!!!11!!!11”

But a Trumpist should be in soon with an authentic one.

Nah - that’ll be their defense. Trump has already called his own words fake news. They’ll just parrot him.

As I stated in another thread, I’m really starting to wonder if Trump is suffering from dementia.

I don’t think it’s that. Trump is by all accounts absolutely terrible at confrontation despite all his tough guy talk and avoids it whenever possible. Like the only times he ever fired people face to face was on The Apprentice.

The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.

–Hannah Arendt

He’s a troll.

So it seems this interview, that was arranged by Rupert Murdoch, was meant to be released 24 hours later than it was released. One assumes heads will role at the Sun newspaper

Yeah and the Apprentice was scripted. I’ve read he rarely fires people personally, he has his underlings do it.

As Tommy pointed out, Trump appears to be the classic alligator mouth with a rabbit ass.

Yeah, he’s the guy who tells a dude everything is fine and then when he leaves tells one of his toadies, “Fire him. I never want to see him again.”

He did that to Reince Priebus, among others. Dude didn’t even get off the tarmac from Air Force One after being assured his job was safe when Trump tweeted he was out.

1 Like

Jim Jordan’s isn’t exactly known for his recollection skills

2 Likes

I’ve wondered that too. Especially watching older videos of him where he sounds way more coherent.

I’ve also wondered if he’d pass a lie detector test with some of this stuff he says. In that he’s so far removed from reality he genuinely believes the world he’s created for himself.

Polygraphs aren’t nearly as reliable as they’re made out to be, but I’d bet good money he could. Pathological liars ace lie detector tests all the time.

Of course he would. Don’t you remember? He invented the polygraph machine.

2 Likes

Exactly. He lies so much and with reckless abandon, I’m not sure if he knows fact from fiction withthis crap he spews.