Trump running pardon count has now reached 24

$200k doesn’t weigh tons.

I didn’t vote for the ****** ******* in the primary or general election.

I don’t plan on voting for him.

I bear ZERO responsibility for him.

Troll somebody who DOES have responsibility for him.

4 Likes

no one on is suggest the President can’t pardon people.
people are question who he is pardoning.

Obama took a lot of heat for pardoning drug related crimes.

Paul Pogue, a construction company owner who pleaded guilty to underpaying his taxes by $473,000 and received three years probation, was issued a full pardon and clemency by the president.
According to FEC filings, Pogue’s family has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in direct contributions and in-kind air travel to the Trump Victory Committee. Beginning in August 2019, Ben Pogue—CEO of Pogue Construction and son of Paul Pogue—and his wife Ashleigh made over $200,000 in contributions to the campaign.

Imagine if a hypothetical Clinton Presidency had…

Oh never mind.

3 Likes

With gun charges.

Don’t have to. He did 400 or so.

Rich criminal ■■■■■■■ sitting in jail, all the sympathies in the world. Children and families crossing the border, let em die.

Blackwolf: Yes “Chosen One” is appropriate for someone who is voted into office.

Sort of poetic to also mention how many more innate roles of the President that incorporate the word;

“Chief”

For starters:

Chief of State
Chief Executive
Chief Diplomat
Commander in Chief
Chief Legislator
Party Chief
Chief Citizen

Whatever role chosen, the President is a symbol for all the people.

Donald is a perfect symbol for the current age, yes.

1 Like

Wow, $200,000 per pardon can add up and really fast.
Anybody have any data of what presidential commutations typically cost per request these days?
Obama had 1,715 of them, in addition to 212 pardons himself alone.
#44 does currently and soundly trump #45 in pardon type activity.

Regardless, $200k does not weigh tons.

Many in the press and on TV go bat donkey crazy over everything Trump does. Its outrage looking for a cause.

Pardons are traditionally given to crooks, as opposed to the average citizen on the street. Its a thing.

Trump running pardon count has now reached 24

Lowest of any president in our lifetime.

Looks like he has a lot of work to do!

1 Like

I predict he’ll get busy between Nov 4 and Jan 20. :rofl:

Phaedrus: I will give another one very recent. Why it has not raised a lot more eyebrows inside the press is not any big mystery either. On January 17, 2017, in the waning days of Barack Obama’s presidency a guy named Oscar Lopez Rivera had his sentence commuted . Mr. Lopez had already served 35 years of a 55-year conviction for crimes including “seditious conspiracy”, attempted robbery, explosives and vehicle theft. Perhaps both of them being raised on the streets of Chicago added a kindred spirit for this all came to fruition.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest that 35 years served may be an appropriate end to his sentence. As 8 years was for Rod Blagojevich.

My nitpick is with Roger Stone not serving a day of his sentence, whatever it is, because he’s an FOD. I’m happy to offer you odds that’ll be the outcome.

Lowest is not necessarily a thing to be proud of either, depending on the circumstances.

There ARE people worthy of pardons and there are people on which a grant of clemency constitutes an act of justice.

Carter’s 200,000+ acts of clemency were clearly just and justified.

As were the massive number of post Civil War acts of clemency.

My point being, you cannot broad brush either way on this, regardless of political party of the President.

Each and every act of clemency must be judged individually.

2 Likes

Can we all agree* that a pardon should NOT be sold (Marc Rich) or given to a newly, duly convicted felon who happens to be a crony?

*I doubt it.

I actually do agree.

I just want to reiterate that I insist that each and every pardon and commutation be judged on its own merits.