Trump rally continues

Yes… It was too bad the fed got ahead of themselves on rates, but they corrected and we had a nice rebound. I bet we hit new highs by summer.

The economy is so good the fed has been paying down the debt they incurred propping up Obama’s economy…

Not sure of you’re trying to be funny/sarcastic. If you’re serious, you should re-examine the role of the Fed in debt and maybe take a look at their Consolidated Statements.

Just google fed tightening…

There is no debt for the Fed to pay off. Reducing overall assets/tightening monetary policy is not paying off debt.

Yes…

" Quantitative tightening . From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Quantitative tightening (QT) is a contractionary monetary policy applied by a central bank to decrease amount of liquidity within the economy. The policy is the reverse of quantitative easing aimed to increase money supply in order to stimulate the economy …

Do you know what that means?

That has nothing to do with the debt.

" Wall Street continues to ignore the fact that the Federal Reserve is tightening monetary policy by allowing its balance sheet to unwind. For the week ended April 3, the balance sheet is $20 billion lower than it was the week before. The balance sheet is now marked at $3.936 trillion, down $564 billion from the $4.5 trillion peak at the end of September 2007."

Do you really not understand this?

Yes… decreasing the money supply because the economy is so good.

What does that have to do with the debt?

The money supply is the feds books. Taking money out of the economy is like decreasing their debt.

You really don’t know what you’re talking about, do you?

1 Like

You really don’t know what you’re talking about, do you?

Add it to the list. It’s a very long list. Includes Ukraine, Libya, ISIL, how bail works, GDP, GDP projections, interest rates, increases in wages, seasonal adjustments, labor participation, how tariffs work, what the debt is, what the Fed does…

3 Likes

Yeah. I do. The Fed tightening the monetary policy means it is decreasing its assets, or taking money out of circulation. Assets are items already owned by the Fed. They are not debt. Look at Fed liabilities if you want to see something remotely like debt.

The Fed has unlimited ability to expand its assets. It controls the monetary supply. Tightening monetary policy has nothing to do with debt.

So are we also ignoring that trump wants some of that tasty QE?

W

ell I personally think the Fed should drop rates,” Trump said Friday. “I think they really slowed us down. There’s no inflation. I would say in terms of quantitative tightening it should actually now be quantitative easing. Very little if any inflation. And I think they should drop rates, and they should get rid of quantitative tightening. You would see a rocket ship. Despite that we’re doing very well

.”

No! You really don’t understand this! I’ll have to agree with reflechissez
on this one.

You see, there is the Democrat “Politically Correct” version of what a definition of
words in the English language mean, and then there is the old logical way of what the true definition of what a word means.

You’re simply not using the “Politically Correct” terms, and they’re. lol.

do u normally get most of your resources of news from Yahoo?

That’s a 3rd rate news source. It’s a lot worse than Fake Liberal
Mainstream News.

FEBRUARY 22, 2019 / 10:41 AM / 2 MONTHS AGO

Fed eyes end to balance sheet reductions later this year

"Indeed. Investors have in recent months complained that financial conditions are tightening because of the Fed’s gradual reductions to its balance sheet, swollen from trillions of dollars of bond-buying in the post-crisis years.

The reductions are capped at $50 billion a month, a level that Harker and other Fed officials believed would have little effect on markets or the economy.

But even U.S. President Donald Trump was critical, calling on the Fed in a tweet in December to “Stop with the 50 B’s.”"

TY,TY,TY