Trump qestion Lincoln role ending slavery

In a odd remark Trump goes on about that the end result of the civil war and the ending of slavery in America were “Questionable” and that he has done more then Lincoln and any other President to aid African-Americans.

I have to give credit to the fox news news anchor for jumping in and stopping Trump train of thought before he could say anything worse the full exchange can be found below.

I’m not sure what “End Result” he is talking about since Lincoln was killed two years into Reconstruction of the Southern United States.

“So I think I’ve done more for the Black community than any other president, and let’s take a pass on Abraham Lincoln because he did good, although it’s always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result —” Trump said before Faulkner interjected.

“Well, we are free, Mr. President, so I think he did pretty well,” she said, referring to Lincoln.

“We are free,” Trump said. “You understand what I mean.”

“Yeah, I get it,” Faulkner said.

1 Like

Just going to skip right over Lyndon B Johnson :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes. He’s done more than any other President for the black community. Dominating them with compassion by threatening to turn the military against them. How could that be possibly seen as anything other than helping them? What a ■■■■■■■ pyscho.

1 Like

:rofl: This is astounding.

You keep going at this rate and you’ll soon end up in a Republicans against Trump ad.

2 Likes

He did damage, not good.

And yes…Trumps comment was stupid.

Signing the CRA was bad? Okay.

He has the best words.

When they drifted into the private sector, yes.

1 Like

Explain

Missed the round table in Dallas, did you? By the way, did you happen to notice three of the chief law enforcement people from the area weren’t invited? The fact that they were black had absolutely nothing to do with it either, I’m sure. :roll_eyes:

I’m sure I’m already on a couple of other lists at this point. :wink:

removing segregation was the right thing.

It was only black folks rioting and looting and burning??

This is breaking news.

Lincoln was no friend to blacks. He said himself if he could have preserved the Union without freeing a single slave he wouldn’t have delivered The Emancipation Proclamation.

Apparantly in his mind every black in America is rioting and looting and leading an insurrection.

Strange views some of them have towards blacks.

Then why do people continue to self segregate?

Peaceful protestors were rioting, looting, and burning?? This is breaking news. :roll_eyes:

LBJ was the most virulent, hate filled racist to ever hold the office and they worship him because he’s the grandfather of the modern welfare state.

LBJ said in 63 that for a few billion dollars he could lock up the black vote for a century and he’s well on the way to being right; even if the cost has exploded since then.

I’m sure as well. The astounding part is the implication that either all the looters and rioters are black or that soldiers would harm just the black rioters and looters and let the white ones go somehow.

Let me assure that when soldiers start in, they could not care less what one’s race is.

1 Like