Trump Pushing Murder Conspiracy

President Trump is pushing an unfounded murder conspiracy. A Republican congressman claims it will “destroy them”. That seems like hyperbole. But here’s an article on it and his tweets:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1264564261327720450

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1260161295019630592

So, is it appropriate for the president to do this? Does it help him politically in any way? Will other Republicans call him out on this? I’d like a discussion on this. I’m not seeing how this helps him at all.

2 Likes

No it’s not appropriate, but it sure won’t hurt him. No they won’t because that will hurt them. I don’t think there is anything Trump could say over the next 5 months that will sway anyone. Unlike most elections I don’t think there is a swayable middle. I think almost everyone has decided whether or not they like Trump and the only thing that matters in this election going forward is turnout.

4 Likes

From the article…

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) called on President Trump to stop promoting the “completely unfounded conspiracy” theory regarding the death of an intern for MSNBC “Morning Joe” anchor Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida.

“Just stop,” Kinzinger responded said. “Stop spreading it, stop creating paranoia. It will destroy us.”

I believe Kinzinger is being a little hyperbolic and melodramatic here. I don’t believe that this will have any impact whatsoever on the dug-in positions of either side.

Although I do find this behavior quite reprehensible from the President. Does he really not have anything better to do with his time when we are getting ready to pass 100,000 deaths due to COVID-19?

2 Likes

That’s a fair point. Especially how the Trump supporters are going to like and support Trump regardless and already dislike Scarborough as is. This does just create more work for any of the moderate Republicans, like Kinzinger.

But Trump is wont to do as he pleases. And he takes everything so personally which makes him feel as if he needs to retaliate personally as well. It’s a vicious cycle.

1 Like

The only group that may be up for grabs are independent voters - but as they tend to think trhough issues rather than go for mere partisan bickering, I don’t see this luring them towards Trump in any way.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think Trump has made his entire re-election about turning out his base and not attempting to reach out to any other group and expand the tent. This plays into that strategy.

2 Likes

Re-opened while discussions under way.

8 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

1 Like

Absolutely. You won’t find me attacking him for staying out of the way and spending time on the course. Hopefully that allows for the adults to govern in his absence.

2 Likes

Why is the President pushing a murder conspiracy when we all know it was Carole Baskin who did it?

12 Likes

As a guy who believes a strong, conservative Republican Party is a necessary part of a functioning America, it’s sad that when they finally go their guy he’s an emotional basket case and a bottom feeder. Wait…apparently there is not bottom…

8 Likes

There must be something behind this or the President wouldn’t bring it up.

2 Likes

GMAB :roll_eyes: President Trump has a penchant for fighting back against those who throw whatever conspiracy theory up against the wall they think will stick against him and morning Joe is one of he worst, and if he can’t take the punch back then he needs to shut his lying TDS mouth. JMO

4 Likes

I love the standards we hold our POTUS to

2 Likes

I remember this. Wasn’t it a story that only got traction because it happened around the same time as Chandra Levy and then 9/11 blew them both off the front page forever?

1 Like

Yeah I really feel bad for Trump and not for the girl’s family who are too frightened to even make a public statement lest they be trolled relentlessly by his Twitter brigade.

7 Likes

So now how about addressing why Trump is pushing a conspiracy theory via twitter?

Its not just a retweet, he actually made a comment.

In what world does anyone from any side of the political aisle think that any president republican or democrat should be publicly pushing a conspiracy theory.

It completely demeans the office of the President.

5 Likes

Because accusing a guy of murder is “hitting back”? That’s a little weird, even for Trump.

4 Likes

No, it is not appropriate.
He should not be cavalier.

Hey President! Stop!

I highly doubt the family of this young woman, who are forced to grieve all over again and who did not dispute the investigation whatsoever, appreciate this type of counterpunching which considers no one else besides Trump and his need to personally attack anyone and everyone who does not shower constant praise upon him. Is their grief also just TDS?

3 Likes