Trump Pulls out of NK Summit

This was trending badly, and glad he could come to his senses and pull out before he got in too deep.

Trump’s rush to the meeting was never in the interest of the US.

Solid move. The negotiations will go in, I’m sure. Hopefully they reset and start the foundations of negotiations on a more stable footing.

1 Like

Maybe not. But my guess it is.

Trump has shown that America cannot be trusted. Withdraw from Paris deal. Withdraw from TPP. Withdraw from Iran deal. Withdraw from NK talks. Threaten to withdraw from NAFTA.

At this point why would any country want to sit down for talks with a Trump administration?

1 Like

once again the world is laughing at trump and the US

1 Like

This is what his base elected him to do. Isolate us tell the world to ■■■■ off…and that’s what he’s doing. I’d go stock up on electronics…by the time your TV goes out your next tv will cost a crap load more. He’s making America Great again…by isolating us like the early 20th century…when we were a nation all on our own.

2 Likes

Not as long as John “strip down to your shorts and then we will talk” Bolton has the presidents ear.

1 Like

#MAGA

10 char.

1 Like

The Cheddar Choker chokes again. Sad!

This right here is the real problem Trump has when it comes to any negotiations with any other countries. Be it North Korea, China, NAFTA, etc. He is not someone who can be trusted to honor the commitments of the United States, and this is becoming a detriment to our entire nation now. This is what happens when you elect someone who is as intellectually vacuous as this man is. And there will be long-term damage done to our nation as a result.

2 Likes

I’m waiting to hear a response from a few of Trump’s comrades on this forum. I’m guessing they’ll wait for today’s talking points from Trumps Media on the AM dial.

Interestingly quiet…no defenders. No he’s winning…making 'Merica Great agin

Yep, around 11AM PST

We will all be assured that this was the genius strategy from the beginning. That Trump is playing chess while Kim is playing checkers.

In reality, this was likely Kim’s play all along. They reclaim support and trade with China, which they successfully have accomplished. While making it where America is the one to walk away from the table. They can maintain their relationship with China and blame us for the current events. A strong alliance with China was their likely end goal here. And they played Trump to achieve that end.

It looks like China is also playing Trump now as well. Iran is taking the same approach with the EU, and Russia is encouraging it on as well. Trump is getting worked on multiple foreign policy fronts right now. I sincerely hope something changes, and we come out ahead in all of these situations, for the sake of our country. But I am less hopeful today than I was a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Maybe the orange idiot should send Dennis Rodman as plan B.

The focus today was going to be the meeting at the WH regarding “spygate”. Was the timing of this move designed to put another shiny object in play?

1 Like

South Korea’s polite way of saying “Trump is a clueless, sad, fat old fool.”

3 Likes

And for the record, Mike Pence is a “political dummy”.

1 Like

#OnlyTheBest

Trump can just claim he went to the summit and personally forged peace between the North and South. Half of his brainless supporters would believe it.

3 Likes

It certainly doesn’t help that Pompeo is very new in his position. And it seems pretty obvious that this administration keeps getting bit by not having a clear-cut foreign policies in every region. And it appears that we continue to send the wrong or mixed messages. I have been dealing with Asian/Pacific countries almost my entire career. And I have been at times shocked that this administration has such a narrow knowledge of how their culture and governance works.

2 Likes

Yep - Trump is such a yugely successful negotiator that he has negotiated himself right where Kim wanted him.

1 Like