Trump - Pelosi - Schumer Brawl

Trump is beyond fat, he’s got boatloads of cash, and he’s got a wall that needs to be built.

Building the wall himself on his own dime looks like a two-birds-with-one-stone sort of fitness plan.

No, it isn’t.

Why did you alter my post? I didn’t say “comprehensive reform.” I said comprehensive reform.

But that was a nice dodge. Expected, and nice.

So blame House Rs for the lack of immigration reform. They said no 5 years ago when we had a bipartisan bill up for consideration.

Listening to a lot of talk radio?

1 Like

I think they will get their wall.
I think they will get all the funding they can this go around.
I have heard through military contacts that the word is they are reworking the military budget and that the military budget is going to be funding part of the wall. They will be able to do this by saying it is for national security.
As the says goes there is more than one way to skin a cat.
I know the left will carry one because there won’t be a wall covering the whole border. But no one that I know and have talked to ever believed that Trump meant there would be. We all believed that we would building a wall where it is practical and the rest would be more border agents, drones and what ever else the border patrol agents need to do their jobs.

1 Like

Immigration reform must be comprehensive, which is going to have to include dealing with the illegals here right now.

So are you suggesting that you will only accept a bill that deports every single illegal here right now? I ask, because that’s going to be insanely expensive.

Or we could do both in one bill-which is what the 2013 bill did. Title 1 of that bill provided a lengthy number of resources and fixes to border security.

Senate Republicans were part of the planning and writing of the 2013 bill.

Time to hang up the talk-radio talking points and accept that while pundits still fill themselves with righteous indignation over what happened in the 80s, we’re making no progress dealing with the problem now.

Do you need to be reminded of all the times Trump promised a WALL during his campaign? A WALL that Mexico would pay for. Not our military. Not our tax dollars. Mexico. A wall. Not fences. Wall.

1 Like

He repeated that promise so many times that it is understandable if most of the Trump supporters forgot about it completely. It’s like getting so used to the drone of an old fridge that you never really heard it in the first place.

Exactly.

Clearly a better physical barrier is needed in many spots along the Mexican border.

Sorry. Trump voters will not turn on him if the wall isn’t 40 feet high and reinforced concrete.

We all heard what he said…

You heard the part where he said mexico.was going to pay for it too, right?

Will you turn on him if doesnt get Mexico to pay for it?

They wouldn’t turn on him if he shot a guy on 5th avenue. There’s literally nothing he could do, short of running as a Democrat in 2020, that would cause you to turn on him.

Apparently not.

Not at all.

I would really like to see a border crossing fee to cover the cost.

Charge everyone crossing in both directions every time they cross.

Just a few pesos here and there adds up.

Nothing. Thought so.

I’m not reposting the polls. Go back and read.

This is what you said could be quantified:

“It is quantifiably not a vital aspect to American’s national interest, nor is it vital to national security.”

It has nothing to do with polls.

Polls all say your are wrong…by a wide margin.

What compromise? trump just needs to get Mexico to pay for the Wall and they can start construction.

“I heard through military contacts”…:rofl:

1 Like

The nation’s quantified opinion in regards to national interest is relevant whether you acknowledge it or not.

Trump’s wall is in no way “vital” to American national interest, polls or otherwise.