Trump now holding Missing Immigrant Children Hostage

Locate the parents, unite them with their children and remove them from the country.

In 1986 an act was passed that legalized millions of illegal immigrants with the understanding that our immigration laws would be strictly enforced through the IRS and here “we” are again.

That may eventually happen, but we have a legal process that you don’t just get to avoid because you feel like it.

What does the IRS have to do with this and what does “strictly enforced” mean?

The Democrats don’t control Congress. The Republicans do.

The IRS was in the best position to identify if businesses were illegally employing illegal aliens and they were instructed to do so.

The Rio Grande comprises about 1,000 miles of the Mexico and U.S. border. And it would be pretty difficult to build a huge wall along the Rio Grande.

Releasing lawbreakers into the population and relying on their “honesty” to appear at a later date isn’t cutting it. Arbitrarily enforcing laws that you agree with or do not agree with has caused the situation “we” now find ourselves in. This may be what is now being forced upon those attempting to enforce our laws.

China built a great one many centuries ago. I think we have the technology to do it today.

Barely. I should have said Democrats plus a minority of pro illegals Republicans, you are correct.

Do you support the separation of children from their parents?

How is that a response to Chris’ post?

Are you talking about abortion?

1 Like

Deflection is your best option at this point. Carry on.

I made the point that your “caring” is selective so stop with the righteous snark.

No. You didn’t make that “point,.” If you want to have a conversation about abortion, start a thread. I’m discussing the OP. What are you doing?

I don’t like war and the killing of children either but it happens and my tax dollars have paid for it. Do I approve…no. Do I approve of parents putting us in this position? No. Do I approve of separating children from their parents in this case, I may have to do something I don’t like because it’s the lessor of the evils.

I quoted the only part of your post that attempted to respond to my question. Are you saying that you support what the trump administration is doing to these families? You’re being very slippery.

I support ending illegal immigration. It is a paramount problem IMO. Illegal immigrant parents have placed us in a precarious situation and we must deal with it. There isn’t a good answer and I’m not aware of what is currently going on and why this is happening. Will I side with you that under any circumstances…this should not happen? No…I don’t agree with that. I also don’t want children separated from their parents. I’d have to be brought up to speed as to why ICE feels this is the path they must now take before I condemn them. As I said, it may be the lessor of the evils.

You are transparent.