Trump Names Mar-A-Lago Member And Handbag Designer As Ambassador

You guys have really calmed down since Obama left the building.

1 Like

“Trump is obviously playing 5D intergalatic chess with these appointments.”

“Well, if anyone in South Africa needs advice on handbag design, the US will be obliging…”

“Not like the current Congress conducts proper oversight over anything Trump does anyway. Luckily, in a few weeks the fun for Trump ends.”

Ok. Faux outrage, if you will then. And if you don’t like my comments, you have options.

You’re the Trump supporter. You should be more outraged than anyone else. Wasn’t he elected to drain the swamp? Hows that going?

Until Trump pisses off South Africa (anything is possible with Donny), this should be OK.

I’m not the one that came barreling into the thread to complain about the supposed “outrage” of others. Why are you people wound so tightly?

This isn’t the swamp.

There’s nothing wrong with this.Every president rewards a few big donors with a ambassador gig.

This has been them method of appointing ambassadors for ever. There are professionals to handle the real work. These people give parties mostly on their own dollars for local dignitaries.

Were you outraged when Obama did the exact same thing with ambassadorships? When Clinton did it? When Carter did it?

I remember an old article when GHW Bush did this. Same sort of complaining as now. It was a media storm for a little while. Yes…its always been done but thats now excuse for GHW Bush to do it. When Clinton does it…silence.

No, you’re the one who follows people around nipping at their heals.

1 Like

Follows people around? I started this thread. You’re following me around. Stalker.

Funny how having a little fun with humor over Trump’s activities is considered “outrage” around here…

And you guys have gone rabid since Obama left office.

I wonder why that is?

1 Like

Knee jerk reaction based on previous experience. When the shoe was on the other foot, they WERE serious.

Well, you’ll have to forgive us, it’s hard to tell the difference between foaming at the mouth and ending up with egg on your face.

Too funny… it’s her thread Doug.

2 Likes

That made no sense. Try again.

This is a low traffic internet forum. Why so serious? Nothing will be accomplished here, at the end of the day.

No harm, no foul by Trump here.

The United States has not sent a Career FSO as Ambassador to South Africa for 14 years. She is a patronage appointee, replacing a patronage employee. In fact, the 4 previous Ambassadors have been patronage.

The last Career FSO to serve as Ambassador to South Africa did so between 2001 to 2004.

It wasn’t a reply to you, so I understand your confusion.

Carry on with the ankle biting.

1 Like

So why are you here.

It’s certainly not for the education.