Trump Major Election Victory

.>
So I’m curious how Trump is going to spin the mid-terms as a major victory and a mandate for him personally as President.

I’m mean keep the Senate and the House and even expand seats? Sure, confirmation of him as President.

Losing the House and therefore having the DEM’s do what the GOP did to Obama meaning, that his ability to pass any major initiatives will be gone in January.

How will the man that won the GOP Primary with a plurality of votes (not a majority) and came in 2nd in the popular vote react?
.>>>>

1 Like

He will blame it on the pipe bombs and murder of Jews stopping the momentum.

He’ll blame Paul Ryan, the Chinese, rigged elections, two nut cases, and illegals voting.

6 Likes

The incumbent always loses the House, then blame the democrats for everything.

Everything. Okay blame them twice as much because trump already does so.

Democrats capturing the House but not the Senate (most likely scenario) could fairly be seen as a repudiation of Trump, probably because of what appears to be much stronger engagement in the election, primarily by women and millennials. But a squeaker in the House and/or Senate by the GOP is a “confirmation”? Since we don’t “get” to vote for him this year, all we have are the polls. And the majority of people in this country disapprove of him, as a President and a man.

.>
Personally I think if he keeps the Senate and loses the House he will be talking about his great victory.
.>>>>

Yes, he will claim he beat the dems, even though there weren’t too many senate seats up this year and many were in red states.

I think he’ll take credit for the Senate and largely ignore the loss of the House. When pressed on it, he’ll blame Ryan and others.

He has shown a history of exaggerating the positive and ignoring the negative.

So with a blueprint like that, I can see him saying, “They thought they’d take the Senate. They were banking on it. Everybody thought they’d do it. But what happened? Republicans kept the Senate.”

And he’d say similar things about Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and how the Supreme Court is safe for conservatives for then next 100 years.

As for the House, I think he’ll ignore the results. A Democratic House will only serve his purposes next year when he needs something to blame.

1 Like

I can safetly say that Trump will most definitely not blame himself if the Rs lose either the House or Senate (or both). I can also safetly say that he will take full credit if he keeps both chambers Republican majority.

Thr buck stops… where?

I think that the buck stops somewhere between the start of Hillary’s driveway, where she leaves her recyclables on Monday nights, and her front door, because there’s no way that Trump is building up the courage or the fortitude to place the blame directly on her front door mat like the UPS man, because what if she opens the door?

Yeah I think he will consider it a victory. I think Republicans have their eyes on giving the courts some conservative judges. Hopefully another supreme court justice pick.

1 Like

And as the house puts Pelosi back as speaker there is quite a lot to blame. For the conservatives, Pelosi is the gift that keeps on giving.

The only reason the Senate looks like Republicans will keep it is because McConnell really came out ahead with kavanaugh.

and Paul Ryan should carry a large part of the blame.

Uh no. The senate map was extremely unfriendly to Democrats. Like historically so. Any other election you guys would be looking at losing it.

I will stay consistent in my view on these midterms as I did in 2010. I thought 2010 was a referendum on Obama and I believe that as well with 2016 with trump.

Democrats had a good chance of flipping the Senate before kavanaugh. Now it looks more like Republicans will squeak by.

Not really. They never had a better than 30% chance to take the Senate.

Just consider that there are 42 Senate Republicans who aren’t up for election this year. It was a historically bad map for Dems.

As a liberal, I find Pelosi to be one of my favorite politicians. I’m glad both sides are happy about her.