Trump lashes Germany over gas pipeline deal, calls it Russia's

Trump lashes Germany over gas pipeline deal, calls it Russia’s - Reuters
https://www.reuters.com/...pipeline/trump-lashes-germany-over-gas-pipeline-deal-calls
6 hours ago - BRUSSELS (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump launched a sharp public attack on Germany on Wednesday for supporting a Baltic Sea gas pipeline deal with Russia, saying Berlin had become “a captive to Russia” and he criticized it for failing to raise defense spending more.

Wow this deal between Germany and Russia greatly helps Russia trade wise and weakens Germany by making them dependent on Russia for gas who could quickly pull the plug on gas to Germany if hostilities erupt between Russia and NATO. What do you guys think?

I’m actually kind of surprised that someone hasn’t responded to Trump with a statement along the lines of “Pot, meet kettle …”

Trump is just using whatever he can to trash our allies. And the rubes will fall for it yet again.

It undercuts the US sanctions against Russia. I figured the left didn’t really give a flip about that. :sunglasses:

I assume Trump would know what it means to be a captive of Russia from firsthand experience.

Billions going to Russia undercuts our sanctions against russia.

Our lefties don’t seem to care so that disproves all the “concern” they claim about Russia.

Have you called for the U.S. to stop all imports from our geopolitical enemies? And do you think we should?

We have sanctions going against Russia. Do you support that or not? The Germans sending billions to Russia for the gas will undercut the sanctions.

We have sanction on China, why are we importing ANY goods from them? Please explain your logic.

Just stay on topic and answer the questions.

And while Trump was lashing out at Germany the others next to him tried hard not to react to his words.
Kelly got stiff, pursed his lips and looked away from the table. When asked about Kelly’s reaction, Sarah Sanders explained:. “[Kelly] was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese,”

Yes ladies and gentlemen, this is how stupid these people think we are.

Any comments on the Germans undercutting our sanctions via this deal? Or like some others here did you never really care anyway?

Corruption at the highest levels. Former German Chancellor hired by Russians pushed it through.

Don’t believe it goes much beyond that. They want America defend them on our dime, while they make all the $$$ they can on trade with us and the Russians.

So its all about the money.

Isn’t that one of the adults in the administration?

Good points. Merkel is probably about half commie anyway. Isn’t she from East Germany to start with?

Did you read that quip at the end of the article? Hilarious:

While Stoltenberg agreed, saying Trump’s message was “having an impact,” he later quipped to a Wall Street journalist, “We had excellent orange juice and toast. We had a good breakfast. Paid by the U.S.”

I woudln’t know what “the left” gives a flip about, nor do I care.

I am not happy about the deal. I understand that they need a convenient source since their resources are running out. And I hope that in the future out gas industry can benefit. But I also realize that there is little we can do about this issue. And I certainly disagree that this should have been the first thing that Trump brings up during this conference.

Well at least that is an answer. :+1: I realize that we can’t do much about it and like you i don’t like it either.

LOL at Trump calling out anyone on being a captive of Russia.

Pot:kettle