Trump-Kim Jong-un summit set for Singapore on 12 June

Trump-Kim Jong-un summit set for Singapore on 12 June

Let the fireworks begin.

I don’t trust Trump to be able to tell when he’s being manipulated. Kim Jong Un is not to be trusted.

Agree with you 100%

The logistics behind accommodating someone as petty as Kim would make a really fascinating documentary. Like, if his chair is too short, or the room is arranged in a way that doesn’t make him feel like the birthday boy, Kim might just pick up his ball and go home.

What if this turned out to be like the Red Wedding or something - The Orange Summit.

Cray.

Last night Sue Mi Terry (director for Korea, Japan, and Oceanic affairs at the National Security Council under both Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama). Was on both MSNBC and CNN. Her opinion is that this whole thing is happening way too fast. She said that as far as she knows this administration has very few resource folks who are well versed in the politics of NK. She is worried that the president might take a shoot from the hip philosophy which might not be beneficial.

Can’t wait for this peace agreement to be signed in the future. No doubt open borders will be the next step as that is beneficial to NK.

I’m sure NK has thought this out months if not a year in advance. And they’re well aware of the confusion and disarray in the state dept. and that Trump never thinks out anything in advance.

Kim’s main goal will be to get US troops out to open up an invasion.

I disagree. Everyone sees that coming from a mile away. He can move an army through open borders, whom the world will gleefully cheer as freedom.

I guess Trump will not be calling him Little Rocket Man anymore.

Anyway, this is good news. Will see what happens.

Now that’s really funny, I see where you’re coming from. The Kim’s as comic saviors.

Not necessarily his regime as the saviors. There’s no way their enemies wouldn’t rejoice the moment as a victory, a sort of Berlin wall moment. However, a flood of NK citizens working legally or illegally will displace workers in SK, but money will be sent back to NK. People will leave NK in droves, but capital investment will flood the country; when the same products and services are available in NK, they will return. Cleaning South Korean toilets is going to get old fast.

NK propaganda labels SK wealth as illusion and ■■■■■■■■ propaganda. When they get to SK and face discrimination in the workforce and the prospect of being a permanent burakumin the ■■■■ they have learned all their life in the North will ring true.

Libs believe Trump manipulated nearly half the country into supporting him and now they don’t trust him to know when he is being manipulated?
I hate to say this, but I am beginning to detect some anti Trump bias here.

What your describing is the same thing east Germans had to deal with at reunification. A nation never knowing what it was like to compete, suddenly having being thrusted into it with out any preparation. It took the east a generation to adapt.

He already switched to referring to him as “honorable”. A good number of libs were upset at this obvious ploy to Kims ego and I presume saw it as better to continue with the status quo in Korea.

It’s possible to think that Trump is both stupid and a criminal. There are a lot of stupid criminals.

Yes. Donald Trump should be the person talking with the leader of North Korea. Donald Trump. This is all very normal.