Trump issues executive order to ban TikTok

But posters here have told me that only libs are authoritarians. How can this be that our President falls under that category?

1 Like

“White House official confirmed to the LA Times that the EO only blocks transactions related to WeChat. So Riot Games ( League of Legends ), Epic Games ( Fortnite ), et al are safe. So no, games like *League of Legends, Valorant, and Fortnite will not be impacted when this executive order take effect in 45 days.”

Look I was just in Bayfield County WI.
They have a population of 15,000. They have half 20 overall cases. And even before the governors mandatory mask order on Aug 1. People there were wearing masks in public. Why?

They don’t want to get to 21. Do with that what you will. Its mostly National Forest and lakes up there…as rural as it gets…and they still wore masks.

1 Like

Not really. He’s requiring a large portion of the sale price to go to the US treasury as compensation for China’s violations. That’s funds for the US. And after that, if/when the NSA catches the buyer funneling data to China, he’ll close it down anyway.

How is he going to require that?

Under what authority can he take that money?

1 Like

Eh. If I’m doing young voter messaging for the Democrats, I’d probably be a lot more vague on that point and the telephone game nature of social media will take care of the rest.

1 Like

It’s already happening.

How can he do that? And how is that done?

As one who use to work for the Treasury, something smells fishy there.

3 Likes

To me, that all sounds like someone skimmed money off the top, and is trying to find another way to “replenish the pot”.

1 Like

especially since rona.

tik tok phones will be the new flappy birds phones

I appreciate that you think I might understand that. :wink:

I have a cell phone. I use it for phone calls – occasionally a text. It spends most of it’s time in another room.

I’d say, “get off my lawn” but the lawn is gone. Replaced with rocks. You can walk on my rocks.

1 Like

Good riddance. We don’t want people meddling with our election process.

I get it now. Thanks! That’s exactly what I would envision. A lucrative business opportunity relying on government restrictions.

As an aside… I was reminded that was a UK source when I read the last line…

“…may be simply a way of shifting a phone they were selling already.”

They talk funny. :rofl:

1 Like

“Russia if you’re listening…”

“…do us a favor though.”

He can’t even say that he would report a contact by a foreign country trying to meddle.

I give your post :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: 4 clowns.

1 Like

Yes.

They can be taken to court.
Facebook does very similar just not the clipboard issue.

Especially since we already have the president meddling with it suggesting the result is going to be fraudulent months before the election even takes place

1 Like