Trump is the least popular President in modern history?

The Rust belt gave him the victory. If he lost Penn, Wisconsin, and Michigan, Clinton would be President right now. If he lost Ohio and PA, the election would have gone to Clinton as well.

Trump fears Biden the most, because he’s a rust belt kid, and connects to blue collar workers. Trump losing support of the fire fighters made him go into a twitter rage.

Winning re-election will be a tough task for him. Being so unpopular means that he can really only get at most 45-48% of the vote. Polls have shown that 55% of the country will not vote for him.

2 Likes

I agree with Smyrna, Trump doesn’t stand a chance.

5 Likes

I know you need to believe that.

Kennedy shouldn’t count. The media at the time didn’t get into personal politics with him. If he were president today the media would have a field day with all his indiscretions.

Plus, getting assassinated helped with his post presidential popularity. In a good way for most.

Looks grim for him. We shall see after the Democrats select a real person for a candidate.

That’s the nice thing about math and statistics. They exist whether you believe or not.

No its not.

You just choose to see the worst in what they’ve done.

Case in point. Choice. Choice such as who a person can and cant marry. Choice like whether a person wants to keep a fetus or not. The list goes on.

I could list hundreds of examples of this and others, I wont because it wont make any difference to do so.

Both sides see what their representatives do as mostly morally right through their own bias, and vice versa. Only the stubbornly ignorant typically insist they dont.

None of those is a moral. You don’t believe we have a right to life so why do we have a right to self defense?

I think Trump is a shoe in if all the people here that pretend they didn’t vote for him the 1st time vote for him again.

1 Like

It all depends on the wisdom and morality of the voters at election time. I would never bet on strangers.

In before “shall not be infringed” cause this is where this is going.

Sure they exist. What they don’t do is explain human behavior.

:rofl: your example of “choice” is not. You are forcing me to accept your choice. You are forcing us to accept your morality.

Of course we’re all biased, where did I say we’re not? The difference is you want me to accept yours. Because it’s “moral”.

I liked “economic freedom” too. What a joke.

If Hildawg could get three Hannity libs to vote for her, she’d have a landslide.

Is Grand Wazoo in here? [quote=“GrandWazoo, post:12, topic:182356”]
Not even close to being the truth.
[/quote]

Have you just completely forgotten who all the snarky sarcastic libs are on this forum or what?

How exactly am I forcing to accept those choices. Who a person can and can’t marry. That isn’t your choice., If a woman chooses not to carry a baby. That isn’t your choice. You don’t have to accept it, its not your choice. But you’d have no problem taking away someone elses choice to do what they want.

Of course you are. Through the use of the central government.

Wrong. No one forced a choice on your in the above labeled scenarios. You had NOTHING to do with those choices therefore they don’t belong to you.

That is very different than if someone wanted to pass a law to take away your choice to own a gun yourself.

Of course you did. Married tax breaks. The health insurance pools. Not to mention the forced morality - which was the point.

Law after law forced on people by population centers.

Public accommodation laws are another example.

NYC values forced on Texans.

Married tax breaks are a function of the 14th amendment.

PA laws also fall into that category.

As for morality. You morality is not affected by what others choose to do. If two gay men decide to get married you don’t go to hell because they did.

I mean if you want to go down that path, one could say the 2nd amendment is forced morality. What about those who don’t think owning firearms is morally right?

You say population centers, but you seem to discount that land percentage ownership isn’t the metric by which laws in this country operate. If 90% of rural area decides that murder should be okay, do you think the 10% that live in Urban areas who make up a majority of the population should be subject to that?

As we have for several years now I try to understand your point of view, but on issues such as previously discussed that just doesn’t jive with reality. Absolutely no one is forcing you to believe that same sex marriage is morally right, nor abortion, nor any other issue that you don’t have a personal say in. The fact that it can legally happen has no bearing on what you choose to do personally and morally in your own choices.